Problem with rebuilt trans

atomic 6

Wait !,I know this one...
Just pulled out the Monte SS trans out of my RX-7,again after the rebuild.

It has only reverse,this happened after a couple blasts out on some country roads around here.

With it out I have checked all of the things that previous posts had suggested as the problem.

The forward clutches are fine,the forward piston is fine too.

The Gov. and Gov. housing are good.

I am not sure where to check in the valve body.

The only problem I found,was after pulling down the seperator plate the piston that is in the opening up in the case(3-4 accumulator?)was very hard to get out may have been stuck all the way up. Could this have been the problem? if so how, and what would have caused this?

Any Ideas?

Thanks in Advance

John S

Maybe..

Input sprag or od planet. Also could be front planet has stripped or broke.

Bruce
WE4
PTS XTREME

Thanks for the reply bruce,

I have checked everything mechanical in the trans. and nothing seems to have problems.

But I have no idea how or where to check in the valve body.

The whole thing worked for awhile after being rebuilt,drove around atleast 50 miles,thru all ranges. It even worked a couple times with the runs on Nitrous.

On my G-tech(I know they are not extremly accurate)the last of the three runs was still 11.3 @118 (then no more forward gears)

We loaded it up on the trailer(backed it on using the still good reverse) and when I got it home I rolled it off the trailer to go in the garage for awhile,but I put it in drive for the hell of it. and it worked.
Not wanting to go that far away just for it stop working again I stopped the car and put it in neutral ,then the forward gears stopped working again,
I don't know if forward would have kept working if I had not put it in neutral.

I hope this makes some sense to someone more familiar with these transmissions than me.

Thanks again