Problem with no 2 to 3 gear change and no reverse?

PaulRV6

I am starting to tear this apart after a recent rebuild because it would not go into 3rd gear and I also lost reverse. While dis-assembly I noticed that the 3-4 accumulator valve appeared to be very tough to remove and possibly stuck. Would this cause the problem I described?
What else should I be looking for while removing the components? I sure would like to be able to find the cause to correct it before going back together. Thanks

paul

Look direct clutch it is used in 3rd and reverse(as long as it isn't dual fed). Air check as you are disassembling.

Thanks Steve, can I ask you or anyone else. I am not dual feeding. Can you quickly explain what you mean by air checking? What else other than the direct clutch can be air checked? Thanks

paul

Oh dear...air checking applies air into the clutch packs and verify s the seals on the pistons. If you don't already get an ATSG manuel and/or video they're cheap. Also search search and read. I have up some threads as well as others of tranny rebuilds good info and pics in these types of things most important of all pay attention when you take it apart.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Hit YouTube and watch a few vids on trans assembly. There are a couple that are 2004r specific but many that have cool ways to put pistons and seals and such together . Sounds like you might have a seal problem. Pm me if you need specific instructions. I'm no expert and not even sure I'm a novice. Steve V and SSedan64 are way more knowledgeable as are most on here that answer questions. Search is your friend.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app