problem with Ignition

BIGJOE

last fall i stored my car for the winter...no issues...i go to pull it out this spring..grab my keys throw the battery in it turn the ignition first click unlocks steering wheel second click engages third click.....nothing just smooth..no tension on the key nothing....i started tearing the steering wheel apart looking for a issue but i dont know where to start...is there another way to start this car cause its very hard to work on it wheres its parked lol. or know how to fix it would be just as good lol. thanks for all your help guys :)

Sounds like the rack and pinion in the steering column has broken. The ignition switch is at the bottom of the column and connects to the ignition lock cylinder through the operating rod and rack assembly. To fix it you'll need to tear the steering column apart.

well hopefully i can figure out another way to start it.. :(

Last edited:
Give John Spina (casperelectronics) a call, he can help you w/the pin-out or better yet, make you a remote start switch.

thanks shadow come monday ill give him a ring and see whats going on and turboburick now it goes to the start position but theres no tension on the key itself it goes all the way threw the movement just no tension on the key so you have to click it back it doesnt do it itself.