primimg motor

If you're talking about priming the motor by pouring oil into the pump. Use the top line off of the radiator. It's easier to access and it pours into the top of the pump. The dipstick should show full when you do this.

+1

the top line works very well for me.

Thru the cam sensor hole?

No. Remove the top oil cooler hose at the radiator. Clamp a hose and use a funnel to pour oil down the hose into the oil pump. It is a slow process because of trapped air, so be patient. It should take about 1/2 qt.

wow 1/2 qt. i have never goten mine to take that much a 1/4 at max. anyways as said above just keep puting oil in that upper hose till no more will go in reconnect the line keep the ecm unpluged crank the motor over a several times and the oil pressure should rise. mine always has doing it this way.

No. Remove the top oil cooler hose at the radiator. Clamp a hose and use a funnel to pour oil down the hose into the oil pump. It is a slow process because of trapped air, so be patient. It should take about 1/2 qt.

Never done it, but seems to me that if you have a friend running the drill backwards the pump should suck the oil into the hose and out the pickup tube into the pan. Go a few seconds after it gets hard to turn and the lines should be full, a lot faster than gravity filling. Anyone tried this, or is there some fundamental reason it won't work?

Never done it, but seems to me that if you have a friend running the drill backwards the pump should suck the oil into the hose and out the pickup tube into the pan. Go a few seconds after it gets hard to turn and the lines should be full, a lot faster than gravity filling. Anyone tried this, or is there some fundamental reason it won't work?

That works too. Or you can just turn the engine over backwards by hand a couple of times. That's why I'm able to get about 1/2 qt. in there. I give the engine a couple of reverse turns. Be careful though. Guess what happens if you turn the engine forward. :eek:

I think it ought to work fine. When I prime mine I fill the hose, then turn the pump backwards by hand with a long screwdriver (cam sensor being pulled out of course). I do that until I get a qt or so down, then reconnect it and I'm good to go.

John

ive never done it that way but i guess if you want to do it that way the more oil the better.