prices and availability

You can find it...best bet is to call local Walmarts... Befriend the sporting goods guy and get an idea on shipping schedules. My brother and I have been getting .45, 9mm and even .22lr once in a while. Also like your local gunstore on their Facebook page. Where I live they post when they get shipments, so their Facebook friends get first dibs and they actually take payment over the phone.

Anyone want to take a guess at a timeline to getting ammo stock and price back to normal.

Assuming a Republican president can actually get elected in 2016, my guess is 4+ years. Nothing will change under the current admin.

The SOB knows gun control will never pass, so drying up our ammo supply is he & his minions only chance.

Dumb ass remark. Ammo became scarce because everyone got scared and made a run on every gun store in America, depleting stock and driving up prices... supply and demand, no more no less. Same thing happened when Obama won the first election. Everyone went haywire, drove up the prices and made alot of money for the dealers who took advantage of the hysteria.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

STFU...

Strike 1.... Newbie whos only contribution so far is INSULTS & NAME CALLING:rolleyes: . Post tits of your woman (assuming you have one) or GTFO (YB reference:D)

Strike 2 Obama nutswinger

Strike 3 The same thing DID NOT happen when he took office. A few "preppers" went nuts, not the whole country. I had no problem buying any target or hunting ammo or gun of any caliber until POTUS & his clan started to openly threaten our 2nd ammendment.

The Gov't has all but dried up the supply of new purchase order .223/5.56 AND 9mm rounds. Why your nieve simple mind might ask... most common rounds. Let me guess, you will call me liar. I'm not one to copy & paste bullshit off the web. I think for myself. Look up the recent orders the Gov't has requested for ammo & get back to me.

I'm normally calm collected person, but don't piss on me & tell me it's raining.

I love to read key board tough guys pop shit when they know there will be no repercussions for their words. Just so you know there is nothing new about me aside from having a turbo buick. It is the exact same thing.
1. My nuts are big enough that I can swing on my own
2. I have plenty of m855

3. If I post pics of some tits it might just be your bitch

I love how you can't dispute my facts just throw insults. Here's mine....

Awesome comeback loser. I HAVE posted pics of my "bitch" on here in a different thread. And her & my GN made a 2013 girls & motorsports calendar. So eat a dick faggot. Care to try another insult?

Why don't you just either shut your mouth now, or become a contributing member here & earn some respect?

Respect from who, some fuck boy popping shit on a computer? You gave no facts, just opinions and like assholes...we know the rest. And inviting a man to your dick is about as homo az you can get, pussy.

I love to read key board tough guys pop shit when they know there will be no repercussions for their words. Just so you know there is nothing new about me aside from having a turbo buick. It is the exact same thing.
1. My nuts are big enough that I can swing on my own boyfriend
2. I have plenty of m855

Latitude: 38 (38° 0′ 0.00″ N)
Longitude: -97 (97° 0′ 0.00″ W)

Looks like you're outside of Wichita Kansas which is a YANKEE STATE!!!! Those that us are southern born and bred will never forget what a Yankee is worth since that's what we've got in the White-house right now! Ignorance is bliss is the norm and that's sad to say the least.:mad:

No facts? Like I first said, look up Gov't purchase orders for ammo you fukcing troll.

Latitude: 38 (38° 0′ 0.00″ N)
Longitude: -97 (97° 0′ 0.00″ W)

Looks like you're outside of Wichita Kansas which is a YANKEE STATE!!!! Those that us are southern born and bred will never forget what a Yankee is worth since that's what we've got in the White-house right now! Ignorance is bliss is the norm and that's sad to say the least.:mad:

So what am i chuck, i am from michigan, :) but have been here since 2000. As far as supply i do have a connection at walmart here in waxahachie and he says ammo and ar 15s are starting to come in more often, a couple every week. As far as name calling and the newb reference, yeah that is a bitch move.

Hey, you guys with the potty mouths, you do remember signing up for these rules, do you not?

The providers ("we", "us", "our") of the service provided by this web site ("Service") are not responsible for any user-generated content ("Content"). Content posted express the views of their author only.

You agree to not use the Service to post or link to any Content which is defamatory, abusive, hateful, threatening, spam or spam-like, likely to offend, contains adult or objectionable content, contains personal information of others, risks copyright infringement, encourages unlawful activity, or otherwise violates any laws.

We reserve the rights to remove or modify any Content posted for any reason without explanation. Requests for Content to be removed or modified will be undertaken only at our discretion. We reserve the right to take action against any account with the Service at any time.

You are granting us with a non-exclusive, permanent, irrevocable, unlimited license to use, publish, or re-publish your Content in connection with the Service. You retain copyright over the Content.

All Content you submit or upload may be reviewed by staff members. Do not submit any Content that you consider to be private or confidential.

These terms may be changed at any time without notice.

If you do not agree with these terms, please do not register or use this Service. If you wish to close your account, please contact us.

Thanks in advance for cleaning up your name calling & abusive language.

Wow, That got ugly quick. When you are new to someone else's neighborhood or a new guest, its not wise to start throwing insults. I've seen this on other boards and it turns new people off to joining. No one wants to be part of a board that comes off arrogant and abusive. Lets keep it clean. We are a very welcoming community on here so don't come on here acting like a bully.

I went to a gun show here this weekend and saw lots of ammo for sale. All the stuff that was hard to get a while back, but it was still very high. Thats why people weren't buying at this show. I think people are starting to calm down and are not paying those crazy prices. I'm stocked up pretty well, so I can wait it out.

It has a little more to do with supply and demand, I don't think everyone just woke up and all tried to buy ammo all at the same time, If you did more checking you would find out even the police are having trouble getting ammo, Cutting back on using the range and even passing some around with others that have more, Why has Social Security got into buying ammo big time, DHS buys millions of rounds of JHP's, I think so far the government has got more than 5 rounds for every person in the US. Last time I heard they don't have a use for JHP's, It is getting harder for us to reload our own when we go to the range, Yes people are buying if they can get it and paying big to get what they can find, Will it get back the way it was, A lot of guys say yes, I would like to go to the range and shoot a few hundred rounds but not for a couple hundred $$, My 2cents but cut the name calling

All you have to do is get an Obama lover talking about firearms stuff and it quickly deteriorates.
Let me set some things straight as I sell guns and ammo all day long as a part time job for a major Sports and Firearms (not Walmart) store.
It is the consumer causing these shortages to a big degree.
In late Jan, we got in 128 Tactical rifles one Sat and they were all gone by noon the next day.
We got in 4 pallets stacked high with .22lr one day and even with a one bulk box (525 rds) limit, it was all gone in 2 days. WHAT THE F are you gonna do with 5000 rounds of 22???
Last week we got in a good batch of 22, 223, 556, 9mm (380 is still scarce) and some 308. Same thing. All gone in 2 days (but was disappearing in first 3 hours) . People are just scared s..tless and buying all they can get their hands on.
BUT it appears the craziness is slowing down. We had 20 AR's come in last week and they lasted 4 days. People used to sleep in our parking lot on days a truck would come in. They bought AR's in any caliber (204 Ruger, 338 Fed, etc) Stuff that had sat in the store for a year.
I am noticing the demand SLOWING and the supply INCREASING, and I think that will improve since the assault and magazine bans have been shot down. Main problem I see is they know they can't do this on a National level so they will start hitting it at a state level harder. Just look at the idiot regs passed in Colorade, Connecticut, NY, and of course CA has always been nuts. (are they still a state?)
ALSO, remember most manufacturers take a few weeks off at year end and it has always taken till mid March to get back to normal. Add the other issues to that fact and that accounts for some of the short supply.

......................... and of course CA has always been nuts. (are they still a state?)...................

Nope.
IMHO, we have been since about the early '70's or so, are now, & forever will be the PRK (for short), or the Peoples Republik of Kalifornication. I wish that I would have moved years ago to a more hot rod, gun, & motorcycle "user friendly" state. Now I'm too old, tired, & broke.

All you have to do is get an Obama lover talking about firearms stuff and it quickly deteriorates.
Let me set some things straight as I sell guns and ammo all day long as a part time job for a major Sports and Firearms (not Walmart) store.
It is the consumer causing these shortages to a big degree.
In late Jan, we got in 128 Tactical rifles one Sat and they were all gone by noon the next day.
We got in 4 pallets stacked high with .22lr one day and even with a one bulk box (525 rds) limit, it was all gone in 2 days. WHAT THE F are you gonna do with 5000 rounds of 22???
Last week we got in a good batch of 22, 223, 556, 9mm (380 is still scarce) and some 308. Same thing. All gone in 2 days (but was disappearing in first 3 hours) . People are just scared s..tless and buying all they can get their hands on.
BUT it appears the craziness is slowing down. We had 20 AR's come in last week and they lasted 4 days. People used to sleep in our parking lot on days a truck would come in. They bought AR's in any caliber (204 Ruger, 338 Fed, etc) Stuff that had sat in the store for a year.
I am noticing the demand SLOWING and the supply INCREASING, and I think that will improve since the assault and magazine bans have been shot down. Main problem I see is they know they can't do this on a National level so they will start hitting it at a state level harder. Just look at the idiot regs passed in Colorade, Connecticut, NY, and of course CA has always been nuts. (are they still a state?)
ALSO, remember most manufacturers take a few weeks off at year end and it has always taken till mid March to get back to normal. Add the other issues to that fact and that accounts for some of the short supply.

What you say is right, People are scared of the Democrats, What the F does anyone need with 5,000 rounds of 22, I would shot that in one month, I like buying the same lot number when I buy so I know they are will shoot the same, I would buy 10,000 but not for .50 a round for target 22's

I was on a business last week in Kalamazoo Mi. When I was enjoying a nice bloody Mary at the airport I started a conversation with the bartender about 22 LR ammo. He was telling me they had plenty of it around there. So I jumped into the rental car and hit the first Wal-Mart on the way to my work. Man… what a letdown……nothing! Anyways when I got back to San Antonio I drove down to Delrio Tx. For the weekend and nothing there either. I am done looking for it. I will wait for cheaper than dirt to email me.

by what I hear the government is buying more ammo 9mm , than normal. which sucks! In my line of work we have to qualify with our side arms, and the lack of ammo to go around , has got me paying $25 a box at the gun range. I miss the good old days of praise the lord and pass the ammunition :)