Price of a 11sec Buick???

90TGP

I know there are a LOT of 12-11sec Buick/TTA owners on the board.

Just for a rough estimate, how much did it cost you in mods [not the price of the car, show mods, basic maintnance, or anything like that] to run 12s/11s fully street legal with full interior?

Slicks, Adjustabe wastegate and a chip got me in the 12's back in the early 1990's and touched 11's with chip and race gas tweaking. Not much money needed. Today you need to replace most of the 15 year old tired parts first. Not sure if you want to add that to your question.

with MY car...about $3000 because i have replaced every "old" part known on these cars...this also includes wheels...tires...slicks...every bolt on you can think of i have done it...the only thing i have left to modify is the motor and trans itself!

There's a fine line between want and need. You can go as low budget or high budget as you want (or need). I personally feel that creating a solid platform before leaning on the car is the best way but again, just my opinion. That would include, like others have said, replacing substandard or potential failure parts as well as adding those that protect the car from itself. I mean fuel pumps, regulator, suspension, brakes, gauges, alcohol, scantools, datalogging devices, tires, upgraded injectors, upgraded turbo, switches, chips, exhaust, etc. as well as spring cleaning items on an annual or more frequent basis. Don't forget at some point you'll have to pay to have things worked on; that costs money too.

Be American.....Charge everything and don't worry about it :eek:

jk

....I'm close to 11s, but I've spent a ton on "unnecessary" parts....but for me, that is half the fun of owning this car!!!

However---Be prepared for a sharp increase in part cost when you get down near 11s....yes, you could do it for less than 2g, but I'm curious to see how long your head gasket lasts!! I'd rather build up the bottom and run lower boost...but yes, it will cost you :(

Mark