Price check on TTA

RUSTYNAIL

Knee Deep
I found a TTA festival car local and was wondering what everyone thought was a fair price to offer. The car has 102K miles and is very rough by all means. The seats are rough,the paint is rough but it seems to run well. The car would need a complete restoration. I do not need another TTA but though maybe I shold buy it just for what it is cloth/t-top festival car and just put it away. I could slowly fix a few things over the years and someday turn it for a few bucks. The car is completly stock except for stereo and exhaust. Carfax looks good also.

Hmm, If it's "very rough" inside and out and has over 100k miles on it. I wouldn't give a dime over 5 grand for it if you are looking at it for an investment. You could easily spend 7-8k on the body and interior on a car that in excellent shape would be doing well to bring 15k with that mileage. If you had to do any major mechanical work in addition to the cosmetic stuff you'd be really lucky not to lose money on it even if you bought it cheap.

As much as I hate to say it, these cars have lost value over the last year without a doubt. Good clean 50-60 thousand mile cars that were not meeting reserve price on ebay a year go at 16.5k$ are going for 13 now.

5K sounds fair from what I take from your description. With over 100K these cars are almost relegated to "just another f-body" status. IMO to get high marks in the TTA world, they need to be like 15K and less with a detailed history, at this point. It could change after the 20 year old mark next year. NADA shows that the GNs went up big time after they hit the 20 year mark and way more GNs were produced than TTAs, (I'm just guessing) like 30,000 to 1500. That has to account some.