preventing knock

Cleaner13

The Cleaner
ok guys
I am looking of ways to prevent knock before it happens
not sure if there is a way to stop shift knock too but if we can get that done too

now before any smart ass says race gas, xylene, toulene, alky etc

I am looking to get this done on pump first
I have alky in the mail

you can check my sig for mods but one I was wondering about was the dutteweiler neck everyone says that you can run like 1 1/2-2 more psi

anyway it seems no matter what I do I keep getting knock
I am really not running that much boost at all, like in between 16-18psi
it knocked at 5.9 with O2s at 812
problem is that I cant seem to drop the fuel PSI anymore
I think its at about 40 line off now

I only made one run last night when my speedo said 55ish or so (I have the gear reducer for the 145 speedo)
it knocked at 47MPH could this be a shift point? it did go away when I let off around 85 or so but the most it stayed at was the 5.9 at the 47 MPH, it didnt go higher

so what are ways to prevent false knock or knock in general?
is it anything with the EGR? how about spark plugs is it safe for me to use the other level which is the ac delco AC42s?
a chip with more retard or advance?

please help

thanks

Carl

forgot to mention the 1 prevententive measure I did take
I removed the knock sensor and cleaned the threads and then took teflon tape and went over them, then I put it back in a little looser I think(not really sure)

1 other mod I didnt mention was removing the MAF screen, which made the turbo spool 500rpms faster then normal

thanks guys

Carl

you should know that 16-18 lbs of boost is a lot on pump gas

anything you do to improve airflow (without some changes in the ecm) will contribute to knock.....more air=leaner mixture

so, unless you care to take chip programming lessons from Bruce, you need to improve fuel octane or reduce boost

yeah I forget to mention yet another thing
I am running a bleeder valve setup

thanks

Carl