Presidents Say the Darndest Things

Originally posted by suprbuick7
Do you have this PDB in your possession? that you are so certain about it's content??? If so there are some people in DC who might want a word with you. You GOP will hang your hat that it didn't precisely mention Date, time, place person, age, gender, shoe size....... I thought our govt. might be able to connect some dots afterall we did put a man on the moon

Democrat Hack Richard Ben Venista has read the August 6, 2001 PDB and all he could pin Rice on was the title was "Bin Laden wants to attack in United States" and there is some debate whether or not that is the real title.

If there was anything specific in the PDB wouldn't we have heard about it?

I haven't read the memo but I'm sure Bob Woodward has. (You remember, the guy that discovered watergate - no friend of the GOP) Don't you think he would have found SOMETHING by now about it. (note the date of the article I posted: May 19, 2002)

This is breaking news?

Do you have this PDB in your possession? that you are so certain about it's content??? If so there are some people in DC who might want a word with you. You GOP will hang your hat that it didn't precisely mention Date, time, place person, age, gender, shoe size....... I thought our govt. might be able to connect some dots afterall we did put a man on the moon

Well I have it in my possession, now. I know it took me an hour but I finally got it.

Nothing to see here, move along :)

Wrong. They have not read the whole PDB because some of it is "classified". Now if that which is contained within will affect our security, it can't be released to nosy people like you.
As much as I dislike some of GWB's policies, I really don't think the PDB contains any exact who , what , where info, just simply a "look out!" that was apparently not taken seriously enough. If it was a step by step plan for 9/11, even Hardcore neo sheep like yourself would , I hope, string up the SOB.

Wrong. They have not read the whole PDB because some of it is "classified". Now if that which is contained within will affect our security, it can't be released to nosy people like you.
As much as I dislike some of GWB's policies, I really don't think the PDB contains any exact who , what , where info, just simply a "look out!" that was apparently not taken seriously enough. If it was a step by step plan for 9/11, even Hardcore neo sheep like yourself would , I hope, string up the SOB.

Wrong what? Here is the complete PDB from August 6, 2001:

The only thing that has been redacted is the sources of the info (for obvious reasons)

Bin Ladin Determined to Strike in US

Clandestine, foreign government, and media reports indicate Bin Ladin since 1997' has wanted to conduct terrorist attacks in the US. Bin Ladin implied in US television interviews in 1997 and 1998 that his followers would follow the example of World Trade Center bomber Ramzi Yousef and "bring the fighting to America."

After US missile strikes on his base in Afghanistan in 1998, Bin Ladin told followers he wanted to retaliate in Washington, according to a [deleted text] service. An Egyptian Islamic Jihad (EIJ) operative told an [deleted text] service at the same time that Bin Ladin was planning to exploit the operative's access to the US to mount a terrorist strike.

The millennium plotting in Canada in 1999 may have been part of Bin Ladin's first serious attempt to implement a terrorist strike in the US. Convicted plotter Ahmed Ressam has told the FBI that he conceived the idea to attack Los Angeles International Airport himself, but that Bin Ladin lieutenant Abu Zubaydah encouraged him and helped facilitate the operation. Ressam also said that in 1998 Abu Zubaydah was planning his own US attack.

Ressam says Bin Ladin was aware of the Los Angeles operation.

Although Bin Ladin has not succeeded, his attacks against the US Embassies in Kenya and Tanzania in 1998 demonstrate that he prepares operations years in advance and is not deterred by setbacks. Bin Ladin associates surveilled our Embassies in Nairobi and Dar es Salaam as early as 1993, and some members of the Nairobi cell planning the bombings were arrested and deported in 1997.

Al-Qa'ida members — including some who are US citizens — have resided in or traveled to the US for years, and the group apparently maintains a support structure that could aid attacks. Two al-Qa'ida members found guilty in the conspiracy to bomb our Embassies in East Africa were US citizens, and a senior EIJ member lived in California in the mid-1990s.

A clandestine source said in 1998 that a Bin Ladin cell in New York was recruiting Muslim-American youth for attacks.

We have not been able to corroborate some of the more sensational threat reporting, such as that from a [deleted text] service in 1998 saying that Bin Ladin wanted to hijack a US aircraft to gain the release of "Blind Shaykh" 'Umar' Abd aI-Rahman and other US-held extremists.

Nevertheless, FBI information since that time indicates patterns of suspicious activity in this country consistent with preparations for hijackings or other types of attacks, including recent surveillance of federal buildings in New York.

The FBI is conducting approximately 70 full field investigations throughout the US that it considers Bin Ladin-related. CIA and the FBI are investigating a call to our Embassy in the UAE in May saying that a group of Bin Ladin supporters was in the US planning attacks
with explosives.

Please find the "Smoking Gun" here. If Bob Woodward can't find one in almost 2 years of investigating this memo, I'm pretty confident you won't :rolleyes:

And please don't call me a sheep or I will have to call you a dumbass. Thanks.

UNGN,

It's almost impossible to "fight" with these people. I see it as those in the here and now who use proverbial swords and those on the opposing side who use imaginary light-sabres.

Moral of this, if you can't face reality then resort to the fantasy world. They'll believe in sooth sayers, crystal balls, tarot cards and The Force.

I'm convinced these folks have one or more abnormalities; they can't understand English, they refuse to understand English, they have extremely selective comprehension or are just plain idiots. You make the call.

If you believe in appeasement then say so and don't be ashamed of your weakness, move to France or Spain. If you believe in being strong and never capitulate to those who'll try to intimidate us then stay here and use your back bone. In all honesty, several in here border on the definiton of being treasonous.

"Great website for the feeble and weak minded"

Thank you, I couldnt have said it better! Thats why its dedicated to da bush! Its soooooooooooo him...

I suspect YOU have two degrees from from Ivy League colleges (one being a masters degree)....:rolleyes: Tell you what, why don't YOU run for President and use your superior intellect to outwit those with feeble minds who've graduated from Yale and Harvard.

I'm sorry to say, but your ideology is as transparent as Saran Wrap. Sipped any purple Kool-Aid lately?? :confused:

I wouldnt stoop that low...prez...........nah, to political.

purple kool aid? You mean the jamestown cooler? I dont like almond flavored drinks..

Now messing with redneks, oops I mean Reps, thats fun!

No left wing extremists here to mess with...Theyre too busy planting flowers in their hair..

More bigoted slurs....

Originally posted by We4ster
Now messing with redneks, oops I mean Reps, thats fun!
Sounds like a bigoted slur, but I could be mistaken.

This is without a doubt a waste of bandwidth. It takes two people to engage in a debate and I'm no longer one of them. Perhaps the only person that can is John Kerry since he's taken boths sides of many issues recently. He could debate with himself on a grand scale no doubt.

By the way, I'm not a "Rep". Conservative sure but not a "Rep" just as you're not a "Dem. Sounds like you're a true "Lib" and since Libs favor wealth distribution how about sending some of your loot my way. After all "I deserve it".

Originally posted by We4ster
Great website

http://www.dubyaspeak.com

Some of those "quotes" are Bush being funny and the Bush haters act like he was being serious and is stupid. At least he isn't claiming to be "black" or the world's greatest inventor, sailor, pilot, war hero, snowboarder, etc.

They really need to lighten up. But I hope they don't.

Nothing turns off the average voter like shrill whining about the way somebody talks or acts.

TTA,
Your guy doesn't consider other sides. He just fabricates intelligence to the citizens of the U.S. to avenge the plot to assassinate his daddy. He just hijacks our troops ability to catch and kill OBL in Afganistan to change Regimes in Iraq. Clinton had a plan to deal with OBL but so many were too concerned w/ Bl*wjobs that that bureaocracy/ parisanship over morals overtook our national security concerns

Originally posted by TT/A1233
I suspect YOU have two degrees from from Ivy League colleges (one being a masters degree)....:rolleyes: Tell you what, why don't YOU run for President and use your superior intellect to outwit those with feeble minds who've graduated from Yale and Harvard.

i do! i do!
Well, 1 at least. I'll get that #2 someday. Does that make me somebody special? Somebody smart? No.

But I am concerned that some Rep's here can't seem to take any criticism or humor about their fearless Bush. If we couldn't make fun of Bush, these Presidents might just be dictators...

Its time to trim the bush...

Really, I think its an insecurity issue.. Some peoples ego's just can't handle being bruised. So they have to scream as loud as they can and insult anyone who disagrees with them. Sound familiar?