Precision Upgrade?

thrlskr

Does Precision upgrade their Turbo's? I have a 76 HPS RH that is liquid cooled with a cast wheel and was interested in an air cooled cartridge and billet wheel...

Attachments

• Turbo 1.jpg
    Turbo 1.jpg
    784.2 KB · Views: 216
  • Turbo 2.jpg
    Turbo 2.jpg
    648 KB · Views: 242
For those wondering, short answer is no. Apparently Precision will only upgrade a turbo if it's beyond repair. They won't upgrade old wheels and cartridges to the new billet and CEA on a Turbo with no issues.

Have you contacted Bison for his opinion?
May have some options for you....
Just a suggestion.

That's my thought, just not sure its going to be a Precision, I like to work with vendors who want to earn my business not turn me away.

I wud look at a Comp or Bullseye or contact Bison and see wat he can do

The problem here is the only thing your keeping is the turbine housing and turbine wheel, everything else is not used, Since Precision no longer uses those parts they are to them scrap. I am not even sure their new compressor wheels fit on that turbine wheel or if it fits in the air cooled center housing . This is simply not cost effective you would be paying for a new turbo. So selling what you have is just a better option. Bison may be able to build you something from what you have, if your determined to get some sort of upgrade, he is your best option.
Mike

FWIW Bison may be able to put something together. Very happy with my pte 6265 that he's massaged for me a couple times.

FWIW Bison may be able to put something together. Very happy with my pte 6265 that he's massaged for me a couple times.
Have you had your car to the track? I have the 6265 from Bison, just curious what you're running.

I have a 6265 on my car, last time out ran 10.91 at 127.
Nice. Hopefully I'm together and running this summer. I'll have a rebuilt engine and trans. If I see the 10s, I'll be ecstatic. Goal is to get to the low 10's with this turbo. Not sure I'll see high 9's like Bison, my car is too heavy. At 3800 with driver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk