Precision Intercooler/Kirban down Pipe (need help)

baaadgn

I need some help, just bought the stretched intercooler from Kirban and a Kirban ss down pipe from a member on here.
Issue is when Intercooler arrived I recieved intercooler and nothing else, the Kirban site said I would get a mandrel bent Inlet pipe , 3 hoses, 6 clamps and instructions on how to port turbo outlet for more HP. Also received NO instructions, son called Kirban and they said they'd take care of it. So today I recieved 6 clamps, and 1 large hose, "2 reducer hoses", NO mandrel bent pipe. Again NO instructions nor how to port turbo. I guess to save money this is the new kit but nothing said that on Kirbans site.. So now I'll have to use my old (smaller pipe) which is not as good as a larger less restictive mandrel bent inlet pipe.
DAAA I guess Precision changed to reducers verses Mandrel pipe but failed to inform Kirban. Will it matter much? I don't know but it can not help and is not advertized like this which does not make me real happy.
Question, looked to install and have no idea how to mount on passenger side! Can some one send me or put up here a picture of how you did it? My email is bickki@aol.com Tried everything I could think of but maybe I'm just stupid, any help would be appreciated. Also any secrets on getting bolts out of turbo to install down pipe, look pretty rusty, maybe soak in some pen oil? Heat first? Just trying to not brake bolts and get into a big mess!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks

Your old pipe won't hold you back. You're ok. As far as the turbo, if you can get a precision oiler or a syringe, mix up a small batch of 50/50 automatic transmission fluid and acetone and draw it up in the syringe and soak the threads for a day. This is the best penetrating fluid hands down. My engine instructor on here gave me the results of the competition between all the penetrating fluids and this one won hands down. Don't use a spray bottle because all it does is soak the whole thing, and 99 percent of it is not going where it's supposed to be anyways. All using a spray bottle does is soak the turbo while getting NONE of it on the actual bolt threads. After is has sat for a day, use a little heat and see what happens.

Thanks for info, talking to Jeff at Kirban, even instructions which they sent and I don't understand states I was supposed to get a three inch bent pipe, lets see what happens and if Jeff can help. Still would appreciate a Pic if anyone has!

Well it Pay's to ask questions, as mentioned talked to Jeff at Kirbans and he said he'd look into it, soooooooooo today I recieved my 3 inch pipe that I should have been sent originally. Will it make much difference? Don't know but now I don't have to worry about it! Thanks Jeff!!!!!!!!!!!

You should have got a 3" up pipe, new PS IC bracket, 3 3"hoses 1 2.5" turbo outlet hose, alum scoop, fasteners and instructions. It most likely dropped shipped directly from PTE and not Kirban. PTE seems to always forget stuff with their products from my experience with them. If you need instructions I still have mine somewhere around here.

Well they finally sent my pipe thanks to Jeff at Kirbans, should it have taken that long? It only took me three weeks to get all the parts! (Three different shipments) Well instructions are really zero help, guess I'll have to crawl under the car to try and figure it out. Can ANYONE post some pics of how it's installed by the oil filter? Sorry guys I'm 69 and move slow now a days, but trying to get it together before snow flies and not looking forward to crawling on my back under the car trying to figure it out.
I've been told that it'll really make a difference or is it just another bolt on that you can't tell by the seat of your pants like so many so far?

Still running the stock turbo? If so port the elbow when you install the down pipe.