Prblem with new T-stat install...help

uwillose2

Weell i pulled out the old tin can from the water outlet neck with no problems and didnt change the o-ring but put the new t-stat in sealed up the tin can back in and started it back up with no problems. Today i took it for a ride and came home and coolant was pouring out. I can tell exactly where it was coming from but it appeared to be out of the bottom of the outlet neck that connects to the top of the radiator??? Did i do something wrong, I put everything back in the way i took it out?

Sounds like you need a new O-ring for the t-stat neck. You might want to put a little WD-40 on the o-ring so it slides in easier....it's fairly easy for the o-ring to roll out of the groove.

Good Luck,
John

You might want to get a new O-ring if possible,and reinstall with lube as mentioned above.O-rings are funny things,they tend to take a set once they've been "crushed" and in place for a while.If you check the O-ring carefully when you remove it,you may find some damage to it.I would clean the bore of the manifold with some fine paper or steel wool.Clean the bore out real well,lube the new O-ring and re-install.You should be good to go