powerstroke users

Originally posted by J Banning
I have access to the following intercoolers and might be able to do some testing this fall/winter...

- Ford Powerstroke (on my car now)
- Stock Buick intercooler
- CAS V4 stock location
- ATR frontmount
- Precision frontmount

What would you guys like to see? I could test boost, inlet & outlet temperature (at 50-70mph cruise, WOT, and after 1/4 mile pass).

-Banning.

i think before/after boost/temps @ WOT would tell a lot. if a cooler has enough mass it will absorb a lot of heat. its design will dictate how well it desipates this heat = recovery time. this would pretty much require data logging, something i can't do.

Originally posted by JToups386
I'd just like to see the numbers on your current setup, the PSIC. It's the one that is least known about, as far as published stats.
Anyway, thanks for offering!

HERE HERE !!!

I went from a Spearco FM (similar in style and size to the old KB big boy) to the Ford unit. Engine temps dropped nearly 20 degrees with the Ford unit. I sold my Spearco for $300 and bought the Ford new for $270. I have about another $150 in silicone hoses, 3" pipes, and HD clamps. I didn't have a chance to make it to the track with the Ford unit but I didn't expect it to make a noticable difference in power, at least not at low boost but it surprised me. I could feel a difference as low as 10psi. I'm putting temp sensors before, after, and after the alky injection point so if I ever get the motor back from the machine shop I'll have numbers too.

Banning, I'd like to see how it matches up with the PTE unit.

I'll be sending you some new pictures soon. It looks cleaner without the old IC brackets and fan (dirt and oil too :D )

Take care.

I dont have times yet for my car with it but the install is not that bad. Hardest part is removing the header panel. After that it's really easy IMHO. I did mine and I used an air cut off wheel for the cutting :eek: Turned out pretty good too.