Powerstroke Intercooler

Fasstcars

When only boost will do
I bought an intercooler from southern GN and wanted some input on mounting it. The inlet and oultet come in on either side of the radidiator which that part has worked out fine. I'm having trouble getting my headlight assembly back on the car. The intercooler doesn't seem to want to fit between the head light buckets. I'm not sure if the cooler is to high or if I need to edge into the radiator support. I have some pretty good pictures of one mounted but it doesn't show the cooler with the front end on the car. Any help would be great......Thanks

Get the grinder out....

What we do is grind the tanks a bit where it interfers with the inner H/L buckets. Also grind the fiberglass buckets some, but not enough to disturb the adjuster screws.:)

I had to cut out slots on my inner headlight buckets on the header panel. You have a PM. HTH

So what your saying is to grind on the headlight bucket. Do I grind through the bucket up to the headlight adjustment or are you saying just make it thinner?

I bought an intercooler from southern GN and wanted some input on mounting it. The inlet and oultet come in on either side of the radidiator which that part has worked out fine. I'm having trouble getting my headlight assembly back on the car. The intercooler doesn't seem to want to fit between the head light buckets. I'm not sure if the cooler is to high or if I need to edge into the radiator support. I have some pretty good pictures of one mounted but it doesn't show the cooler with the front end on the car. Any help would be great......Thanks

To put it back, I recommend putting the bulb in first, and unplugged. Secure it in place with the ring and snap the plug in. Make sure that the light is tight and put the rest of the covers and plugs back.