Powerpoint Presentation Question

GNJimC

TR guys and gals usually come through for me on even my non TR questions. Here goes:

How do I get a powerpoint presentation to run as a slideshow as a screen saver? Hooking up my laptop to a 42 inch plasma at a trade show and want to run the presentation without having to go back and forth to the slideshow.

Thanks

well if it's just pics, put all the pics you want to show in your "My Pictures" file and take out what you don't want. Right click on the desktop, select "Screensaver" use the option pull down and select "My Pictures Slideshow". However not sure if it runs in order, it might. I'm not sure about running power point as the screen saver

well if it's just pics, put all the pics you want to show in your "My Pictures" file and take out what you don't want. Right click on the desktop, select "Screensaver" use the option pull down and select "My Pictures Slideshow". However not sure if it runs in order, it might. I'm not sure about running power point as the screen saver

Thanks. No, wish it was just pictures because that is what I would do. I did try to move a PP pres to a picture show file, and use that but they will come up blank. (unless there are pictures on the PP slide).
Also, I did not look at every google hit, but most are about making simple slide shows and using PP for pictures. I dont have pictures, just text. Looks like there is a program that converts. I just need maybe 10 slides so I may just print, then scan the slide, save as jpeg and place those into a photo show. Just thought there may be a short cut. If I find one I will post.

Thanks for the help

Not quite sure what you're trying to do. Set up the presentation, set each slide to last 4-5 seconds and then have it loop. It will continue to do so until you hit the keyboard. This is all done in the "slide transition" menu.

The easiest way to convert slides to images is to print the presentation to PDF and then open the pages in photoshop and save as a jpg.

Let me know exactly what you're trying to do. I probably do 30-40 powerpoints a year for tradeshows, annual meetings (600+ people in the audience) etc.

Also Alt+****+Tab will let you jump from one program to another without getting totally out of the powerpoint presentation. Have the presentation looping, if you need to give a demonstration in another program, hit alt+shift+tab and jump to your other program. then do it again to go back to the looping presentation.

Thanks for the tip Blackpack. Usually when I do a presentation it is in front of a large group. For me, being in front of 1000+ people is easy. Making the PP is the hard part for me, even though I have used it for years. For this one, it will be at my booth at a trade show, and just on a loop. I felt I could let the slide show loop, but did not know if there was an easy way to make it work as a screen saver, that way if we went to look at another program, it would automaticly go back to the show after a min. Not a big deal, I will just set it up in a loop then use your tip to toggle back. The IT guy at our main office said it cant be done. Your idea with the pdf, the jpeg makes sense to me and I may use that idea. No different then scanning the slides.

Thanks

I'm a graphic artist by trade, so if you have any specific questions let me know. The pdf thing gives you a perfect reproduction whereas scanning lends itself to cleaning up the images.

I sometimes have 2-3 presentations booted up and have a 600 person audience. Last thing I want to do is drop out of presentation mode, open another presentation and go into presentation mode. It looks less than professional, so I'll do the alt-shift-tab thing to toggle between presentations. Just make sure your screen saver is turned off if you have the presentation looping, or it will go into sleep mode.