powermaster

nutzak

I was having problems with a hard pedal, and I seem to have that worked out. Now however, I am leaking fluid out around the "pressure switch" (behind the fluid resovour). Will a new switch cure the leaking? Where do you get a new switch - does the dealer still have them, or an aftermarket vendor?

Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks.

i have a good used one for about $50. with shipping, there should be a rubber o-ring on the threads to seal it . i would first take it off and check for the o-ring. make sure you pump the pressure down, i think you have to hit the brakes between 10-20 times in order to relieve the pressure to be safe to remove the switch. with the key in the on position.make sure switch is the replacement that is grey in color-they had a recall on these years back-matt

Pull out your switch and clean the bore of any corrosion. Make sure the O ring looks perfect, any scuffs of tears and you should replace it. O rings are cheap. Lube up the new one or dip it in the reservoir.

Originally posted by 49-blues
[B with the key in the on position.[/B]

I would recommend that you relieve the pressure in the system by pumping the brakes 10-15 times with the key OFF. The Powermaster motor has a tendancy to run and build pressure when the key is on....

Ed