PowerMaster repair using BMW / AUDI accu bowl and EPDM Orings

GNPL

I took my chance to make it work.
First, I am located in Europe (I think it is important info related to the costs mentioned below and shipping issues)

1. Orings for the pump - I got a set of EPDM Orings from UK: https://www.polymax.co.uk/o-rings/rubber-epdm-oring/ (it is extremely important the Oring material vs brake fluid you will choose !!! For DOT3 & DOT4 fluid brake, EPDM as a material for the Orings is OK. Google for it for your safety).
Please note, there are few other EPDM seal components inside the pump and they are not the subject here (I was not able to locate the supply source, however they were looking OK in my pump). One Oring cost about 0,20 -0,30 USD (you need total of 14 Orings, including pressure switch and original accu bowl).

2. Since my accu bowl was dead, I had to replace it, but around $200 at some of US suppliers was looking pricey to me .... After checking here and there, I got a new bowl that was used in BMW and Audi brake systems. Manufacturer is either FEBI or SWAG. I was able to get it for around $55. The bowl capacity is bigger, but actually I think it is OK, as it should make power pump to run less frequently (less start/stop cycles while one cycle will be longer)

3. Since the thread size of the accu bowl is different, I had to manufacture an adapter. It cost me 8 USD.

We will see the results. I will keep you informed, as the system is not installed yet. And I expect few months time while I will be able to test it (currently I am working with suspension and other components / issues of the car ....)
Hope all is understandable, as English is not my native language ....

20160511_193442_resized.jpg 20160511_193502_resized.jpg 20160511_193558_resized.jpg Orings PowerMaster.jpg 20160508_222220_resized.jpg

Your English is much better than what we see at times, and your initiative, efforts, and sharing are commendable.

Karps power brake service is the only source I have been able to identify which can provide a complete seal kit including the primary and secondary master cylinder seals.

Very cool, thanks for your efforts.

I believe Dennis Kirban sells a complete seal kit for the powermaster put together by Richard Clark. Maybe able to get it from Pete Hoffman as well.

Very cool, thanks for your efforts.

I believe Dennis Kirban sells a complete seal kit for the powermaster put together by Richard Clark. Maybe able to get it from Pete Hoffman as well.
That kit doesn't have the seals for the primary and secondary stage. Wish that it did....

Karps power brake service is the only source I have been able to identify which can provide a complete seal kit including the primary and secondary master cylinder seals.
Have you any more information ? So I could also get a set from them ?
Something like your order with details of the seals ?
Or it is enough to ask at Karps for Buick PowerMaster main seals and they will know what it is all about ?

Have you any more information ? So I could also get a set from them ?
Something like your order with details of the seals ?
Or it is enough to ask at Karps for Buick PowerMaster main seals and they will know what it is all about ?
You have to call Karps and tell them what you need. As soon as you say Buick Powermaster they will know exactly what you need. I've only ordered complete kits from them in the past, bot sure what they will sell if you ask for a partial kit.

Unfortunately some friends of mine have tried to order seal kits very recently and Karps has been out of stock. But they claim to be working on it.

Also, the large Audi accumulator might be larger than what the reservoir can hold? Just a thought.... If the accumulator is too big the reservoir might run dry before completely filling the accumulator.

Also, the large Audi accumulator might be larger than what the reservoir can hold? Just a thought.... If the accumulator is too big the reservoir might run dry before completely filling the accumulator.
Good point, I think on the very first start up (and therefore filling up the accu), I will have to keep an eye on the level in the reservoir. I will post the info here.

I will second or third your Ingenuity. Great work tracking down the parts and giving it a go.

It would be interesting to see the part numbers, I was looking at similar alternatives from the euro vehicles and the prices appeared to be least twice what GNPL quoted. Now if we could control the nitrogen pre-charge we could vary the effective volume... :)