Powermaster Question

Jeff Rand

I use my '87 TType as a daily driver and I have been trying to improve the braking. Recently I purchased Rayspestos front ceramic pads and the slotted and cross drilled rotors and this was a big improvement. However, my brake pedal on occasion will not return all the way and my brake lights stay on. This happened with my orginal power master and now is happening with the Auto Zone unit ( I ordered a replacement yesterday and was told the price decreased to $143 with a life time warranty). Nothing is binding and I have replaced the proporting valve with the brass replacement. When I bleed the brakes, I made sure I keep the moveable plunger in the prop. valve closed. Any ideas?
Jeff

On my old G body ElCamino, I had a brake hose collapse. It wouldn't let the caliper release properly, resulting in steering pull while braking and eventually ending in a scary moment of complete lockup once. :eek: In a hydraulic system, the flow must go back and forth. Since you are experiencing the same problem on two PM's, it's likely the problem lies downstream.

Thanks John, well the only thing that I have not replaced are the front calipers. Maybe I will try that next.
Jeff