Powerlogger on 86 digital dash

jpwalt1987

Hey guys, I am helping a local guy with an 86 GN with a digital dash. It's mostly stock except for TT5.6 chip for 009s, MAF translator and LS1 MAF. Is there anything special as far as wiring that I need to do differently from an 87 analog dash car? I wired a powerlogger in my 87 and it was straightforward. We are adding an AEM wideband and powerlogger to this 86. Any insight would be great. Thanks. Jeremy.

if you are going to log boost, you need to install a 3bar MAP sensor, there is a factory plug underhood for it. There is no power or ground to that plug, so you need to connect the 5v wiring to the TPS supply, and the ground to the TPS return. All this can be done behind the glovebox.

Bob

If I use the stock two bar sensor( there is one in place with a connector and vacuum line but no power/ground) will it log up to 15 psi? Connecting the power and ground will be easy then. I just wasn't sure as I have never had to mess with a digital dash car. Trying to get this car back into shape for him.

power logger is the same but like turbobob says you need to wire a 3 bar map sensor in.directions to do this is a sticky in the alky section.i have a plug and play harness for a 3 bar map and digital dash if interested.

tta1240 said:
power logger is the same but like turbobob says you need to wire a 3 bar map sensor in.directions to do this is a sticky in the alky section.i have a plug and play harness for a 3 bar map and digital dash if interested.

By I shouldn't need a plug and play harness for a 3 bar if I can just tap into the TPS power and ground right? I have a copy of the instructions that came with my Alky kit that you're speaking of. I'll reread them.

By I shouldn't need a plug and play harness for a 3 bar if I can just tap into the TPS power and ground right? I have a copy of the instructions that came with my Alky kit that you're speaking of. I'll reread them.
no you dont need a pp harness just have one sittng here.i spliced all my wires by the pcm 5v to the gray C14,ground wire to D12,green wire to I 2 on power logger block.

tta1240 said:
no you dont need a pp harness just have one sittng here.i spliced all my wires by the pcm 5v to the gray C14,ground wire to D12,green wire to I 2 on power logger block.

Ok thanks. That's what I was thinking. I have all my installation manuals saved in a binder for occasions like this. Thanks for the help.