Powerlogger Locks Up When Using Line Lock

nightrain

I'm the other nightrain..
Wondering if anyone else has this problem and how to fix. When I have PL monitoring and use the line lock, PL just freezes up. Sometimes I can simply switch from monitor to review mode and back, but most of the time I have to shut down PL and restart it. That's a bit of a hassle to do right after the burnout. The guy in the other lane thinks I'm burning him down and gets PO'd.

Testing it in the garage, I can cycle the line lock a few times and same thing happens. I rewired the line lock to take a power source from under the hood instead of the fuse panel (put a fuse in-line) and then ground the line lock to the chassis (power going through my B&M shifter switch). I rewired it because it used to do the same thing when taking power from the fuse panel direct to line lock solenoid and then ground through the switch.

Any ideas? Thanks!

Hmm, thats seems odd. What is the laptop using for a power source?

Try plugging laptop into 110v power source and see if it still does it.

Hmm, thats seems odd. What is the laptop using for a power source?

Try plugging laptop into 110v power source and see if it still does it.

Had the laptop plugged into the cig lighter. It's a 12v ASUS 9" laptop. I unplugged it and cycled the line lock and it still locked up. But, I also noticed the digital dash blinked out for a second as well. So, all I did was move the line lock power source to the back of the alternator. That seems to have done the trick. Not sure why. I had the line lock plugged into a stock plug under the hood that was 12v all the time. It's a covered male plug with a black wire/orange stripe on the driver's side near the washer fluid reservoir. Anyway seems to be working now. Thanks for the help!

I'm guessing that your you've got a ground problem somwehere in the line lock system.