Powerlogger issues

turbotom420

Hey guys forgot my old account name and had to make a new today but i am new to the whole powerlogger setup. I recently bought my 86 gn and it already had the powerlogger installed. I can hook it up to my computer and it will pick it up but once i open th PLC shortcut none of the gauges, graphs, etc. are working, i tried to disconnect and reconnect but same problem. Also once i get it to work how do you change and manipulate all of your settings? The car has a terrible knock under wot and need to fix asap. First time user here so thanks in adavance.
-tom

did you hit F8, what is showing at the bottom of the screen?

Bob

Yes, it will say monitoring but nothing is showing up, everything is just reading zero. Thanks for the quick reply im out here still trying to mess with it so ill keep checking back here perodically.

It should say "Connected" in green. A LED should be flashing on the ECM from the Powerlogger. Check to make sure the drivers are installed on your computer and let us know.

As far as adjustments, do you have a Turbo Tweak Chip? If so what model? 5.7's allow you to make changes with the Powerlogger. Or you can use the gas pedal technique.

Drivers are installed and i also checked for devices and still no results. It came on before and worked for about 2 minutes and now like i said it wont even pop up. Also i do have the turbo tweak cheap not sure on the model. Could it be a problem with the way someone installed it in the ecm? Thanks guys for all the responses and input.

X 2 on the usb, had that issue before. Mine would "disconnect" half way thru a few passes at BG last year.

tried using a new usb cable and didn't work and checked again for all the drivers installed and they r there as well. Now what? need input please.

You sure you got all the leads clean on the ecm before installing the pl?

I didnt install it, it was already on the vehicle when i got it, the usb cable is an A to B cable is that the correct one because the car also came with another I/O connection that has a circle port were the cable connects.