Powerlogger and (used vista)

skidman

3 turbos,no money
Since March or so, I have purchased a SM, PL, PLX wideband, and a used laptop/Vista. The store said if it did not work right, bring it back within one week, and money back/no problem. When it gets to turn ignition on and laptop will recognize the powerlogger, nothing happened. 10 times we tried. So I took the laptop back. Now what should I do now? Thanks in advance. Mark.

did the laptop ask to install drivers? Did the powerlogger show up in the device manager?

I use a laptop with Vista on it every day (typing on it now).

did you try clicking the monitor button (or hitting F8)?

Bob

Bob, thanks for the reply. You make some amazing products. My son did the laptop work, so I asked him, NO the laptop did not ask to install drivers,YES powerlogger showed up in device manager. NO he did not hit F8. Since you responded, I am starting to think my son might have missed something. He is better than me typing, and we might have made a mistake returning laptop, but it would be of NO use to me if it did not function with powerlogger. Store gave us 7 days, and time was up. Scanmaster shows 2.2 and PL 3.0 and reads very fast, so I know it is functioning on the car. Mark.

What system: 98/XP/Vista/Windows 7 / works best all around? Highly possible operator error in very recent past,but I will hook up sooner or later. Mark.