Powerglide Racing Transmission??????

prostreetdrag

Hey guys Not sure if you 2004r guys will know off hand but im sure there's someone out there that could help with this question. I currently have a turbo 400 with t-brake and i have a friend that has a sweet deal on a raceing powerglide with trans brake. I'd like to use my th400 in another car which is why im considering going with the glide.. Are there any issues with fitting this trans in our g-bodys outside of modifications i will have to make to my crossmember. Do they fit ok in the trans tunnel around the bellhousing? is there anything I will need to watch out for???? I just built a 9 inch ford so I have to get a new driveshaft made anyway so im not worried about that or crossmember issues cuz i should be able to custom build or use the double hump xmember i got and modify mounting points. Does anybody have pics of the underside of their car with a glide installed I'd like to see what im getting into.

Hey guys Not sure if you 2004r guys will know off hand but im sure there's someone out there that could help with this question. I currently have a turbo 400 with t-brake and i have a friend that has a sweet deal on a raceing powerglide with trans brake. I'd like to use my th400 in another car which is why im considering going with the glide.. Are there any issues with fitting this trans in our g-bodys outside of modifications i will have to make to my crossmember. Do they fit ok in the trans tunnel around the bellhousing? is there anything I will need to watch out for???? I just built a 9 inch ford so I have to get a new driveshaft made anyway so im not worried about that or crossmember issues cuz i should be able to custom build or use the double hump xmember i got and modify mounting points. Does anybody have pics of the underside of their car with a glide installed I'd like to see what im getting into.

No issues, it will slide right in place. I even used the stock tranny mount and crossmember from an 84 Regal.