? power wires to use on knock &scanmaster

greeneyegi

good mornin ,i finally recieved my scanmaster,knock gauge.everything is wired up except the power wires,can someone tell me wich wires {colors under dash}to connect.i appreciate the help

There are 3 IGN terminals on the fusebox IGN1-3. PLug the power up to one of those

And can we get a mod to move this to general buick tech

thanks,one more ?i forgot to ask,my power wire for the boost gauge light i figure goes to the dimmer,what colr is that?so i dont have to tear anymore apart.

thanks,one more ?i forgot to ask,my power wire for the boost gauge light i figure goes to the dimmer,what colr is that?so i dont have to tear anymore apart.
Gray wire...on the cluster harness...should be able to see all the plug wires onc you have the bezel off and under the column panel.

There's an LPS terminal in the fuse box panel itself also for dash light add ons.

Both the scanmaster and knock gauge are low power devices you can use any of the IGN terminals to run them both on one 14, 16, or 18 gauge wire from the fuse box, fuse that wire near the fuse panel with a 5A inline fuse.

There are locking IGN terminals that fit the fuse panel with a pigtail you can go right to an inline fuse with available at NAPA in the Belden line usually on a rack on the shelf out in the store.

A search in general tech. can find out the exact part numbers, the connector locks right into the IGN slot in the fuse panel. :)

For the boost guage lights to work with the dimmer switch I used the GREY wire under the console which goes to the shift indicator light.