Power Window Motors

LosOjos

At www.acdelco.com they list power window motors for the 1978 Monte Carlo, part #20004478 for the drivers side and #20004479 for the passenger side. Are these the same motors that I would find in a 78/79 A-body in a junk yard?

If your interested in those motors because you think they'll make your windows move faster, they may, but don't be surprised if they don't. I tried it with some junkyard units and it made no improvement. You need to connect larger gauge wiring to the switches from the powersource to quicken your windows.

My buddy at the bone yard said that he can fix these motors by replacing the bearings. I'm going to get the info., and post it later

In the mean time, try taking the inside door panel off and do what I did. Pour oil down on the top of the motor. There is a little recess in the door frame on the top that makes it easy.

When rolling mine up, there were 3 places where the window slowed down a lot. I lubed everything. Pouring oil on top of the motor is the only thing that worked.