Power window motors, from nightmare to blessing

Mike70gtx

Drivers power window quit so I go to parts u pull it and got one out of an 85 regal for $12 and it worked fine. Actually faster than my "start rolling window up two miles from home" motor. Get it in and drive 1 mile only to realize the passenger one would not go up and it was burned out. Go back to salvage yard and get the passenger one only to find out it was no good. Take it back and go to another salvage yard and wait for an hour and a half to pay $55 only to get home and find out it doesn't work. Put old motor back in so my window will at least be up for the Good-guys car show. Then go to leave car show only to find out the drivers motor went out and had to leave window down all night. Did a search on here and found a guy saying you can get a new one from carports.com Now the good news; they are listed for $219 and are on sale for $18. I got both sides for $35. That was $44.95 shipped. Two new ones for less than the salvage yard. Just thought I'd share the love. Will update if they are any faster.

I've had several 78 Trans Am's over the years and slow windows usually equal switches and to some degree adjustment. There's a mod for those cars with relays that cures the problem.