Power plates

Not sure about that. My late father was an engineer who worked his whole life in air conditioning, ventilation and air handling once explained to me that "handling" air was similar to "handling" water. If air hits a wall, it splashes in every direction, the same way as water would, but if you redirect air evenly, the overall effect on flow will increase, the same as with water. This is what the power plate does inside the intake manifold. Also, increasing flow means that the engine ingests more air, this combined with the right amount of fuel added = more power. Simple as that.

Claude

Whenever air changes direction it causes a restriction. And you're right about how air is directed but whenever there is a change there is a pressure drop- more so when air is 'splashed' vs a smooth bend.

However the net result is more power that is caused by a a reduction of knock and a more even distribution of air.

Rest easy, it's the same one.

Jack don't sell crap.

Enjoy reduced knock.:biggrin:

Whew! That's a relief.

Yeah I can't wait to get it and install it.

Sux getting KR in 3rd gear at 800 mv's.

Just wondering if I remove the plenum top if removing the bracket that houses the TV cable....will it mess up the TV cable adjustment?

If it does (which I don't think it will) just reset it. It's probably a good idea to reset it just because of the general relocation of stuff while you are doing the installation.

There's a little "d" shaped button on the drivers side of the bracket. Push that in with a screw driver and pull the cable back toward the firewall until it stops.
Then get in the car and (key off) floor it as far as it will go. You should hear 1-2 "clicks" and that would be the factory TV cable setting.

Hi,
Regarding the plate, I tried it before my rebuild,no improvement in the disasterous knock I was seeing. However,my rebuild showed a MAJOR camshaft problem, wiped out lobes on several cylinders.THIS,I believe was always my primary cause for detonation.
Currently, with less than 200 miles on the fresh motor,I have yet to hear a hiccup or ping out of the car. It is very encouraging,hopefully that's the end of it.

Whenever air changes direction it causes a restriction. And you're right about how air is directed but whenever there is a change there is a pressure drop- more so when air is 'splashed' vs a smooth bend.

However the net result is more power that is caused by a a reduction of knock and a more even distribution of air.

Paragraph #1: Very well said... with the addition that the pressure drop will result in a reduction in flow... (and increase in flow velocity)...

Paragraph #2: Arguably true, albeit with 'slightly' reduced flow...

The engineer in me now back to hiding... :smile:

Bottom line if it didn't do what it advertises, if my engine still detonated, if it INCREASED detonation, or was such a restriction that it was suffocating the turbo, it wouldn't still be on my car. I recommend it.

Just look at the data from the tests they did on the RJC product website. Pretty convincing numbers.

Flow Comparison

flow comparison---- done with a leaf blower (no valves in heads) engine on a stand !!
yes it helps at idle!!!
but boost. when something is under pressure its equle at all points