Power Master help, please....

scrobbyd

Okay my power master recently went out on my car. Luckily I had a life time warranty through O’Reilly’s. Since I now have the freshly rebuilt unit in hand, I want to put it in my car. The accumulator ball was very loose on the new unit, so I went ahead and pulled it off for easier install of my new unit. I’ve got my new unit installed and I’m in need of some guidance as to what to do next. My old unit had some very black fluid on one side of the reservoir; however the fluid on other side looked good/normal. So I was going to go ahead and blow the old fluid out of the lines. After that is done what steps should I take as for as getting new fluid in the lines, replacing and when to reinstall the accumulator ball and when to plug the electrical plugs back into the new unit?

Thanks in advance

I'd fill up the new unit with the connector off the power and foot bleed it or gravity bleed it rear pass. first then rear drivers then front pass. then front drivers.

No power to the powermaster, you can gravity bleed it or two person and pump the pedal which is a lot faster.

Always check the fluid level, 3rd person helps with this if you are under the car opening and closing the bleeders and the pedal pusher is lazy. :p

Half hour procedure at most that way assuming the bleeders aren't all rusted shut or rounded off like most. :eek:

Find the bleeding procedure either at the top of the brakes page or at the link in my signature.
Do not blow the lines clean, use the new fluid to push out the old.