Power door distribution wire location from 30A fuse

johnsmallberries

Hi, I was taking apart the alarm system and accidentally seem to have disconnected the power for the power locks. According to the diagram there should be a Black/Orange wire someplace under the drivers side that plugs into the Orange/Black wire that leads to the relay on the passenger side. I can easily see that the Orange/Black wire is not plugged into anything, and when I shunt 12V to it the locks work. However I can't seem to find the other side of the connector to plug it into. Is there supposed to be corresponding Black/Orange wire someplace in the vicinity? Above the fusebox and to the left there is a white junction block and I can plug it into that, but the block is not powered.
Thanks!

Attachments

• Image1.jpg
    Image1.jpg
    262 KB · Views: 77
Hi, I was taking apart the alarm system and accidentally seem to have disconnected the power for the power locks. According to the diagram there should be a Black/Orange wire someplace under the drivers side that plugs into the Orange/Black wire that leads to the relay on the passenger side. I can easily see that the Orange/Black wire is not plugged into anything, and when I shunt 12V to it the locks work. However I can't seem to find the other side of the connector to plug it into. Is there supposed to be corresponding Black/Orange wire someplace in the vicinity? Above the fusebox and to the left there is a white junction block and I can plug it into that, but the block is not powered.
Thanks!

it plugs into
C453 (18cavities) ................ Behind LH side of IIP, near shroud. It's a block of cavities up high on the left behind the instrument panel. there are lots of places to plug into and their all the same. The power window plugs into the fuse panel.

Thanks Dave. Yeah the problem I have is with the PWR/ACCY coming from the 30A and not the fuse that triggers the relay - the relay clicks when I hit the switches.

Any idea what powers C453? I originally plugged the orange/black into that , however my block doesn't seem to have any power. I checked all 3 rails as well as most of the fuses but assume it comes from the 30Amp PWR/ACY, which tests OK. There are 2 other things plugged into that block (also probably not receiving power) which doesn't seem to affect the car.

Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_20170824_214330.jpg
    IMG_20170824_214330.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 45
Any idea what powers C453?

There is a BLK/ORG wire from C453 that plugs into the BAT terminal below the PWR ACCY circuit breaker in the fuse block. The PWR ACCY circuit breaker powers that BAT terminal.

The picture in your first post shows that BAT terminal is open.

RemoveBeforeFlight

Thanks! I don't think I would have figured this out without your help. That was the BLK/ORNG wire I was looking for. For some reason that wire is missing -- I'm not sure it was ever there recently. Whoever did the alarm seems to have spliced into the orange/black wire, so maybe it was getting power from the splice which I may have dislodged during my work. Does it have a special connector on the other side to plug into all 3 rails of C453? There is no continuity between the 3 rails. I guess I can fashion something to patch it -- not sure GM would make that part anymore....

Thanks Dave. Yeah the problem I have is with the PWR/ACCY coming from the 30A and not the fuse that triggers the relay - the relay clicks when I hit the switches.

Any idea what powers C453? I originally plugged the orange/black into that , however my block doesn't seem to have any power. I checked all 3 rails as well as most of the fuses but assume it comes from the 30Amp PWR/ACY, which tests OK. There are 2 other things plugged into that block (also probably not receiving power) which doesn't seem to affect the car.

Thanks.
Power to that block comes from one of the Bat. Terminals on the fuse panel. Should be hot at all times.

Thanks. I stopped by GM but they just looked at me like I had two heads so I'll wind up making a cable. The block has 3 rails, which are all separate. Does the other side of the BAT connector that plugs into the C453 block have 3 terminals or is is just connected to the single rail that the power doors plug into? It would seem like it would need 3 terminals if it is to supply power to all of the rails.

It just plugs into one rail. Hit the For Sale section here, there have been some cars listed as being parted out. Someone would have to have that short jumper. Here is a pic of where it plugs into the distribution block, blue arrow points to it.

GN_PowerDistribution_2632a.jpg

RemoveBeforeFlight