Power Antenna

F

Four-Four-Two

I'm really pissed off at myself. I backed my car in the garage, turned the key off, and the power antenna starts going down. Opps, forgot to put the windows up, so i turned the key again before the antenna was done moving and not it doesn't work. It is stuck in the up position. I unplugged the "plug" under the hood so the motor doesn't burn up.

Whats the best way to go about checking the unit. I was hoping take the inner fender panel (plastic piece), and not taking the fender off.

Originally posted by Four-Four-Two
I'm really pissed off at myself. I backed my car in the garage, turned the key off, and the power antenna starts going down. Opps, forgot to put the windows up, so i turned the key again before the antenna was done moving and not it doesn't work. It is stuck in the up position. I unplugged the "plug" under the hood so the motor doesn't burn up.

Whats the best way to go about checking the unit. I was hoping take the inner fender panel (plastic piece), and not taking the fender off.

The plastic "fishing line" probably broke. Be glad it's lasted this long. There's a repair kit from GM. I did it about 4 years ago, has worked fine ever since.

You don't have to take the fender off, just the bolt that holds it to the body behind the wheel. I'm not sure if pulling the inner fender will buy you anything. With the bottom bolt out, you can reach up in there and get it.

HTH,
Jim

i have the repair kit if ur interested, ill sell it for $10 plus shippin.. let me know if ur interested.

mike