power antannae assembly

superdave7087

This is an original GM part was put in as replacement and car was wrecked 2 months later comes with mounting bracket and upper bezel and black nut $200 plus ship thanks Dave 641-919-4393

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    715.6 KB · Views: 64
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    845.6 KB · Views: 68
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    628 KB · Views: 62
you have to take the passenger side fender off......
the fender consists of two pieces an inner structure and the outer shell you can split these two and take the old one out and then put new one in I think Kirban has instructions avaiable or maybe somewhere on this site??

I just did mine, its not a hard job just time consuming and tedious. You do not have to remove the fender. Here is how I did mine.

First, tape up the front of the passenger side door, the rear of the fender and the top of the fender near the antenna where you are going to be working to protect against scratches.

Second, open the passenger side door and remove all the 10mm bolts that hold the fender to the inner fender, except the one silver bolt with the star washer, that holds the power antenna bracket, remove that last.

Next remove the 10mm bolts inside the inner fender well and pull out on the bottom of the fender to gain access to the power antenna and to drop it out through the bottom of the fender. Becareful when pulling on the bottom of the fender, don't pull it to far as you could buckle the fender.

Next remove the nut on the top of the fender where the antenna comes out of the fender. Unplug the wiring for the antenna and attach a piece of mechanics wire or string so that you can pull the wiring back up through the hole when you re-assemble the power antenna. Unplug the antenna cable under the hood. Or if it will not unplug like in my case, I had to remove the two small phillips screws that mount the cable to the power antenna assembly.

Last have a someone reach up through the bottom of the fender and hold the power antenna assembly while you remove the last 10mm bolt with the star washer attached. The power antenna assembly will then come out through the bottom of the fender.

Hope this helps someone out.

Thanks JC TUrbo. That sounds easy enough. Is there a way to test the antena first to check for good ground? Before i take it all apart,

Thanks.