power ant. problems

phil conrad

The power ant. on my TTA keeps running:( This is the second time this has happened. Does some one have a link to the step by step instructions ? Where is a good place to get a replacement ? I tried to go to topdown solutions. It looks like they are gone.:( Thanks for the help.

Thanks for the link. Just curious if you have the part number handy and how hard is it to repair ? Thanks

Originally posted by phil conrad
Thanks for the link. Just curious if you have the part number handy and how hard is it to repair ? Thanks

Its not hard to replace the cable, just need to be patient, especially if it broke with the mast up. Instructions tell you to drill out the rivets on the plastic motor case. You don't really drill them out, they just spin, heat up and melt there way through the plastic. :D

I replaced my mast assembly a year ago. Not much to it. I drilled out my rivots by putting pressure with a phillips screw driver on the back side and putting pressure while drilling. The rivots are soft. I replaced the rivots with machine screws and elastic lock nuts. You never know how long the fix will last. The mast assembly is GM part#22038195. I did mine without touching the outer fender. Did'nt want to mess up the paint on the bolt heads. Take off the inner fender and when you have removed the screws from the motor, remove the two screws from the antenna cable. Take off the coller on top of the fender. You can spin the motor 180 as you draw it towards the rear of the car. This allowed mine to come out. Good luck, that's the hard part. The hex tip on the mast unscrews to be used on the new mast.

No, mine was down. The plastic cord that moves the mast up and down is like heavy weed eater cord so if you gently feed it down it should coil around the drum but obviously don't force it.