Power 6 folding chairs

SPOT MY 6

Stock crawlin National...
Every time I go to the track my chairs get mixed up with the group of people I go with and they get lost. A pair of power 6 chairs would be the hot setup. Are they out there?

I would like to add to this thread.

Make them from this material please, i hate it in the middle of the summer when you get out of your chair, and your entire back is soaked.

The thread is a tad long, but describes how water wicking socks dont work, and their actual material does.

http://www.drymaxsports.com/drymaxvwicking.html

Just my two cents, and million dollar idea ;)

BW

If I could ever find the darn battery charger I would post a picture of some chairs I had made back in the late 80's. They're just a basic dark stained wood rail folding chair with black fabric, but I used the "BUICK MOTORSPORTS" logo from the old "Power 6" stickers Buick had back in the day on the rear of the backrest. The letters are all white & the logo is around 6" tall & probably 12" long. I've taken then out to BG on several occassions & turned alot of heads with them. I bet some of the TR racers out there would love the aprons I have made with the same logo. I think I've got 8 dark red full length mechanics aprons (they extend down to your knees & tie around your back with another strap going around your head & neck) with the same big "BUICK MOTORSPORTS" logo on the chest/stomach area that have never even been worn!! Hopefully my spouse hasn't sold them too :mad:

I do custom embroidery. I'll have to look into it and find some decent chairs. I had a few folding chairs I was going to play around with.. One thing to think about is would you want it on the back of the chair like if you were sitting in it people behind you would see it.. or on the back of the chair when you sit down your back would be against it. I could also embroider your name or screen name on it so no one steals it! :D

Director's Chair

What's wrong with a director's chair? Black of course. Easy to do. It works for me.

Attachments

• chair.JPG
    chair.JPG
    90.4 KB · Views: 209
I'll embroider anything on anything.. In fact I'm wearing a turbo six thong as I type this! :eek: :eek: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

i would buy a chair in a heart beat! not really into the directors chairs though need some cup holders for ......pop,lol.

phillyturbosix said:
I'll embroider anything on anything.. In fact I'm wearing a turbo six thong as I type this! :eek: :eek: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

WTF?!?!!?!! I hope this is Phillyturbosix's wife! :eek:

Either way, I'd be interested in them!

LOL I figured that would get your attention! :D I'm still looking around for a well built chair that won't cost a million to do up... stay tuned... :cool:

Sam's Club has some new folding chairs made by Coleman that have the highest weight rating I've seen yet. Most of that type (nylon chair, metal tube frame, folds by the legs and armrests all coming towards each other in the middle and then goes in a nylon carrier about 8" diameter by 4' long) are rated in the 225 to 250 lb range, with metal tubes maybe 3/8" diameter. The new Coleman's are rated 300 or 350 lbs and have noticeably bigger tubes, about 1/2" or maybe even 5/8" diameter. Definitely flex less when I sit in them :). I took one to Indy and had it in the MAGNA tent, but for some reason someone else was usually in it whenever I wanted to sit down :). Oh, I think they were even cheap, about $15 each at the start of the summer, compared to $25 or 30 for other models.