Powder coating ?s pricing ?

bpman1234

Just want to know about rates let's say champion valve covers 2 color the gn1 logo will be in black the rest in grey .what it would cost ?

I powder coated my own with all black, then wiped the buick and turbo symbol clean to show the brushed alum. Then I cleared them. They pop

I use all virgin based powder. The process you describe would be at a min of 3 steps if clear coated. It's easy if you know what you are doing. If not and you mess up, the correction takes hours to rectify

oh and rates? On each step of a valve cover its 25$ per item. So, black, grey, clear. 75$ x 2 covers = 150. As many times I have taken the covers off, dropped them, ran ratchets across them...etc...they hold up well to abuse. It also takes a rag with windex to make them look new again too, which apparently from the look in the picture is time to do! Here is a pic from last night.

Attachments

• cover_valve.jpg
    cover_valve.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 231
they really look like toys ..nice work .yea the150 is what I was quoted .friend of friend local .thanks for all replies.

The guy I use likes to prime aluminum stuff.
He did my valve covers and plenum, bead blast, prime, color coat, plus clear coat for $100.
image.jpeg

So, for two color coats, $150 sounds about right.

Where are you located? Had a whole bunch of parts done the guy did a great job very reasonably priced but he's located in Brooklyn New York

It is best to check with Nate as his schedule varies. It took him a week and a half to sand blast and ceramic coat my headers, crossover and 3.5 DP (cost $240). He was waiting on some powder and was bored and had my valve covers done in two days, but he was doing some sign work and had the powder on hand (anodized aluminum). You'd have to call him for address and details.
Nate's powder coating
Kensett, IA