potential new gnx owner need some help

grkgn

Whats up guys iam am a long term gn owner i have 2 of them and a tta however i might be purchasing GNX19 anyone know of any history of this car it had already 5 owners and one of them was Reggie Jackson and another owner was the CEO of Popeyes Fried Chicken

Looking Foward To Feedback

Archie

Right now they seem to be pulling between $65-75k. If it's not all original then it's worth closer to $65k unless its untitled which is rare. Does it come with the Molly Jacket? They go for about $1000-1,500k for the Jacket. For that price range the mileage should be under 10k.

The fact the Reggie Jackson bought it really doesn't mean anything imo. I thought he owned a different numered GNX tho like #12 or #13 maybe but not number 19 but I could be wrong. Either way, it doesn't add value to it just because he owned it.

Any more details?

gnx

Yes its got the jacket it has 4900 miles all original it didnt matter to me about reggie Jackson the thing that im concerned about is the milage cause the guy told me when you run a car fax it say 45000 miles which is a mistake cause most of the info that appear in car fax are from jiffy lube places etc but it was a 5 owner car already ther first owner was budget rent a car which the had it in their show room the price is below what you said and if i get this car i preety much accomplished a big goal in my life beacuse ive wanted one for about 12 years now or may be more time flies but that being said the car look all original still has the gm mufflers original tires and all the good stuff so we see how it goes If you know any other info or anyone in the forum about this car please feel free

about 5 let me know how u made on the parts ill buy them right away if the other guys dont

your second link is the one here in vegas that is at the Imperial Palace car barn....its not number 12 either.

victim of damp storage. looks like it's been driven in some wet weather too. one thing you can say is that those are good honest pictures. doesn't appear that anyone is trying to hide anything there. other than the exhaust system which looks like it has some holes in it??, most of it looks like it could be cleaned up. it wouldn't be easy, but a motivated person that knows what they are doing could do a lot with it. price is probably fair for what it is and the condition it is in. looks like it has a lot of potential, and it's looks to be mostly all original and complete.

Look at GNX grill emblem

Incorrect position of grill emblem, GNX should be on top of the Buick emblem. Have to wonder why it is like that.

Incorrect position of grill emblem, GNX should be on top of the Buick emblem. Have to wonder why it is like that.
didnt even notice that. well, its either someone replaced the original emblem and like an idiot stuck it below instead of above the Buick emblem. or, some idiot at the factory placed it there. That is highly unlikely tho. more then likely someone wanted a brand new emblem and placed it in the wrong spot

its not impossible to fake a GNX but ill bet thats still a true GNX

Here is the link from V8Buick with more pictures:
1987 Buick Regal GNX 4943 miles, Auto

I think its great they photographed the undercarriage of the car in high detail. I would not be too concerned about the surface rust. The rust is all on un-coated parts from the factory. If you spend a little time under there it will look much better.

One neat thing to note is that many of the factory markings are still on the car: Driveshaft, paint mark near the calipers, tag on rear sway bar, etc.

And as a bonus to all the undercarriage surface rust and rotten exhaust..It has body side moulding:eek:...Rest of the car looks fairly nice, depends on what your overall expectations and objectives are!

GC

The underside of my 86 GN looked just like that when I bought it 3 years ago with 25,000 miles on it. My car has no rust around the t-tops, so I think it got rusty on the bottom side just from sitting in the owner's garage. First thing I did was clay bar the paint. Clay hardly took anything off. So the original paint was in great shape. My brake proportioning valve also looks like the one on the gnx- all brown and rusty. I bought a new one but haven't installed it yet. I used the POR-15 products on the underside of my car and it looks brand new now.

Is it just me or do the mufflers look dented in the corners like they were beaten with a mallet?

DF06E8CC-1D58-46F8-B9AB-7F484C65CF03_44.jpg

all gnx's with original exhaust will have mufflers that look like that. i believe they were done that way on a press so they could clear the suspension components.

Learn something new everyday. Looks like the mufflers would have cleared without the dents. Wonder why ASC didn't just make new mufflers if they were having clearance issues with the stockers?