Poston headers

hvyw8

I just received a Poston passenger side header that doesn't seem to line up with the turbo flange. It only goes half way up the studs and I clearly see space between the manifold and the turbo flange. Anyone else have this problem? Could the header be out of spec? I've waited two weeks on this thing and it's supposed to be a direct replacement. Please help!

That is kinda a tuff ? But,Postons is not Bowling green customs.I'd just call them and explain the situation.I'm pretty sure they would handle it o.k.I've never heard anything bad with their customer service.:)

Anyone else install Poston passenger side header? Did it fit square to the head and turbo flange? Or did you have to adjust and torque it down for it to fit? My cracked stock header slides right into place and is square with the head and turbo flange. HELP!!! THIS HAS BEEN THE PROJECT FROM HELL!

do you have the turbo still on?? i had a hell of a time trying to get the header in i had the turbo loose and it was not good enough i had to remove the turbo and install the header then put the turbo on and all is good i have both driver and pass side and cross pipe of postons and have had great luck.

i can't speak for the passenger side...but i got a driver side header from them and it bolted right up perfectly and i didn't even need a gasket it was that good...i have had good success with poston's...call them up and tell them the problem...they will help you out

Yeah, I still have the turbo on. I have called and They are not open on Saturday. I really wanted to get this thing installed today. Anyone else install the Poston passenger side header?

Why don't you take the turbo off then after the header is in place mount the turbo to your header flange and then worry about the bracket that mounts the turbo to the head after?The bracket has big bolt holes so there is room for some adjustment.Seems like more work to remove the turbo and bracket but it may have saved you some time and stress.Good Luck

When I bought my Poston Headers a few years back, the driver's side went right on perfectly. The passenger side was a different story. It wouldn't line up no matter what I did. It would bolt up to the block and align with the ports just fine, but wouldn't mate up to the turbo flange properly. They are supposedly done on a jig for correct fittment every time. I am a decent mechanic so I was convinced that the header just wasn't quite right. I called Poston's and explained the problem. They told me that they were done on a jig and so on....... Ultimately they said to ship it back and they would replace it which they did. :cool:

The replacement went on like a glove. Perfect fit. I even removed it and reinstalled it to make sure it wasn't luck. Perfect fit. The moral of the story is even though things are supposed to be perfect when done on a jig, things happen. They stand behind their work and will replace a defective part, just talk to them on Monday when they open.

Thanks Guys, I removed the turbo installed the exhaust manifold and reinstalled the turbo. It was more work than I expected. I bought Poston's header because I thought it was direct replacement. Who knew:eek: