possible swap

TrndAssassin2

Well as for right now I dont have a buick, but im thinking, if the day comes that my 1995 ford ranger dies, maybe putting a good 3.8 turbo in it, has anybody done this before , if so do you have pics, and howd it turn out?

I'd like to know this also. I have a 93 Ranger that the clutch and trans went toast, so I just got done pulling the motor and trans out. I gutted everything in the engine bay so I can have enough room for anything I throw in there. I was going to go with a carbed 302 and C4 trans but I got to thinking...hey there sure is plenty of room in here for a turbo V6! The only issue I see is getting a custom downpipe made and relocating the tranny crossmember further towards the front of the truck which is no big deal. Oh and motor mounts obviously. Other than that, I don't see why I couldn't do this. Anyone got a stock motor and trans they want to sell me?:D

There was a guy that put a 545 BBF in one so I don't think it'd have a problem fitting if you're willing to cut and weld. Oil pan would be a big question though, a lot of Fords used front sump units and the Turbo6 has a rear/center sump.

my 95 got totalled lol, im runnin a 03 now and plan to probably swap a new age 5.0 in it, after the 2011 stangs come out, though.....3.8 would still be cool, just to much work rewiring the whole damn truck,