posi

underpressure2

Has anyone ever put a Powertrax by Richmond for a posi unit. My car wants to drift left and right now when giving the car gas or letting off. And it even unlocks when riding over bumps in road. Is this normal or did my mechanic install the unit wrong? Thanks for any input.

From what I've read about the powertrax unit it isn't working right. I'd get the install info and re-check the mechanics work.

My freind put one of those in a 2004 Chevy C-1500 truck and took it back out because of the exact same thing you are describing. That's the only experience I've ever had with one... :confused:

why

Thankyou for that info, maybe it's not my imagination. I was new at the GN seen, and my friend told me these were the sh..t, so I was wandering if anyone else put one in there car.
If I end up replacing this one what would be the best one to install?
thanks for you help.

My friend has four of TRs. And he is the one who suggested the PowerTrax. Swore it is the best on the market. Then charged me $300 to put it in, but it doesn't work very well. I think I am going to just take it out.

I know I know buyer beware...right?
Thanks for the advice.

I asked the same question about these units a while ago
and one guy on this site told me that he has one for a long time and it works very well in his car I won't post his name because he PM'd his reply So I am guessing he didn't want any one to know he has this unit in his car.

Maybe they work in some cars but not in mind. I was reading through the instruction booklet(when all else fails). And it said it does the exact same thing it is doing now. Car shifting over until fully engaged, and unhooking when hitting bumps in road. Oh well, should have done my homework.
But anyway I put a Auburn in and it is like a night and day difference.
thanks everyone for your help.

Maybe they work in some cars but not in mind. I was reading through the instruction booklet(when all else fails). And it said it does the exact same thing it is doing now. Car shifting over until fully engaged, and unhooking when hitting bumps in road. Oh well, should have done my homework.
But anyway I put a Auburn in and it is like a night and day difference.
thanks everyone for your help.

thanks for the info i was still looking at one for my car but i guess i'll keep looking for a 12 bolt posi instead.