Posi going bad? Need info please!

EFFNQWKWE4

Man...this just isn't my week! First my Powermaster takes a dump on me on Sunday night, then I notice that while the wheels are spinning under boost, only one side is leaving a really dark tire mark like it should(right side). The left side is spinning, but only leaving a faint line on the road. The tires always spun the same up until now. My question is do I need to replace/service my posi? I have never had a car with a posi-rear, so I don't even know if I can service it, or whether I need to replace the whole unit. Also, could it be that it just needs some fluid? Finally, if I do have to replace the posi, what brands do you guys run in your cars? I've heard of Auburn, but other than that, I'm clueless! I need some good advice here, this could wind up costing me alot of money if I make a bad decision! TIA!!
Derek

Is the faint line the driverside tire? More weight is on that side as the rear end tries to lift the pass side and plant the driverside. Air bags can fix it or sometimes if one tire doesn't have as much air pressure it won't leave the same size patch as the good side. Changing fluid is always a good idea. If it is the rear, change clutches and if there are no vibrations, run it.

Sounds like your clutches are toast and it's time to replace them. Since this is your daily ride, I'd concentrate on your brake problem. Having only one tire spinning on your way to work won't cause adverse effects......not being able to stop will.

You're probably looking at paying $250-$300 to have someone replace the clutches. Less than $100 if you could do it yourself.

Ed