Pops and Surges at half throttle!

Iceman

Go Pokes!
Someone look at my DS file!Help!
My 87 GN has a problem when I pass a car and go into boost at about 5 to 10 pounds it surges and pops back through the intake.It seems ok under boost it is when you let out just a bit to slow down then speed back up.Only thing I have changed in awhile is I went from a 3"MAF to a used 3.5"MAF sensor I bought off a e-bay.I can not put the 3" back on because I sold it.I have a couple of DS files if anyone would like to look at them!Also can I attach a file on here?
Chip file #M5092Y22

Translator+ 5.0

switches on on off off

knobs 2 0 0 0

The number on the MAF (on the plastic)is 94143 8240 2 on the tag (bar code)is 82410098778

Thanks for any help!

I had the same problem several years ago,,it turned out to be the coil pack. One of the three coils was shorting out under boost.

There are coil pack testers. Not sure who makes them, or how much they are. Other than buying one or borrowing one, not sure what you would do. Anyone?

My t-type was doing the same thing just the other day. Its weird but I found my problem. The screens in the maf had worked loose and turned sideways. I took the maf off and sprayed it out good with electrical cleaner, cleaned the screens and put them back in with the band to hold them. Fixed me right up! If the maf is dirty inside it will do all kinds of crazy stuff and a can of cleaner is a cheap thing to try, it might need a good cleaning anyway so give it a try.:D

I took a coil pack off of a buddies GN and put it on mine and mine pack on his. Thats how we figured it out.