Popping noise, stalls

87gn199

So I finally got the GN started. I went to shift to drive and drove a few feet and hear a popping noise. Its sitting at idle now and popping also out of the exhuast! What could be the issue here? I recently change the fuel filter, fuel pump sock strainer, and wires/plugs, Maybe I did something wrong there?
Video of my exhaust popping included. I am holding a rag in front of the exhaust so it can be seen that its popping out of exhaust.
Also while backing up the car stalled, engine stopped running, electronics worked, started up right away though. o_O

So I finally got the GN started. I went to shift to drive and drove a few feet and hear a popping noise. Its sitting at idle now and popping also out of the exhuast! What could be the issue here? I recently change the fuel filter, fuel pump sock strainer, and wires/plugs, Maybe I did something wrong there?
Video of my exhaust popping included. I am holding a rag in front of the exhaust so it can be seen that its popping out of exhaust.
Also while backing up the car stalled, engine stopped running, electronics worked, started up right away though. o_O
Make sure you have the spark plug wires on correctly!! Sounds like you got one switched or not on correctly.

Show a video of the coilpack with the sparkplug wires connected.

Like already said it sounds like you have a couple of the plug wires crossed.

you guys are wizards :cool:

yes, I managed to somehow mix two wires! runs great now.

One more thing so that I dont have to start another thread, I have white smoke, seems to be coming off the exhaust manifold on the passenger side further back near the last spark plug, happens after the car has sat for several days then I start it, I assume it oil? Oil is not milky just checked so I hope head gasket is fine...

you guys are wizards :cool:

yes, I managed to somehow mix two wires! runs great now.

One more thing so that I dont have to start another thread, I have white smoke, seems to be coming off the exhaust manifold on the passenger side further back near the last spark plug, happens after the car has sat for several days then I start it, I assume it oil? Oil is not milky just checked so I hope head gasket is fine...
The bolts on these valve covers always loosen up, especially the back passenger side. Don't be surprised at how loose that back one is!