Popping from drivers side

TrAb

BOOSTIN
Hey guys ive had this going on for a while now and im ready to get it figure out. Anyways i have already put in new sway bar end links and ball joints and shocks and nothing has changed. Whenever i hit a bump or dip i get a popping noise from my drivers side wheel, sometimes it doesnt pop but makes a creaking sound. Anybody have any idea's? Ive taken the wheel off but cannot get it to make the noise just by me pushing on things.

Bushings in the brake caliper? Ride the brakes slightly, see if it goes away. My rebuilt calipers did this not long after I installed them. No need to get new calipers, you can get a kit that has new rubbers, cost......$7.00.

Sent from my A110

I tried riding the brakes and it doesnt seem to be related. Does it when the body is flexing a little, does it while turning sharply as well.

I have the same issue I think. Mine is driver side rear usually when I'm turning a corner and going over a bump at the same time. Makes a loud clunk...

Bolts may be loose on the lowers or uppers causing a metal to metal sound. If not that then a bushing may be going out.

I have a similar issue in the right front. Ballpoints, bushings, etc are all new. I'm thinking the coil spring rubber isolator may have slid out of place when I replaced the coil springs?

I have a similar issue in the right front. Ballpoints, bushings, etc are all new. I'm thinking the coil spring rubber isolator may have slid out of place when I replaced the coil springs?

This sounds like what mine might be doing. I ordered some lowering springs and tubular upper a arms so im gonna have to get in there soon and figure something out.

Mine was making same noise then I found out the 2 bolts that hold the upper control arm was hand tight after wheel alignment, he forgot to tighten them, I was lucky that I found out soon enough cuz there was only a few thread left on the bolts.

I have had a clunk on another GM full frame car that ended up being the 2 left rear body bolts missing.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I have a clunk that occurs going over a bump while turning mainly at low speed. It sounded like coming from the left front but is actually coming from the right rear! I found it while jacking the left front side of the car up. I have an ATR Rear sway bar and one of the holes is about 1/16" too big and the bar moves a tiny bit and clunks. It doesn't matter how tight I get the bolts it still happens. Took 2 years before I found it. It doesn't seem to hurt anything so I'm leaving it alone. It worried me sick through new ball joints and calipers until i finally found it?

No doubt but there's a laziness factor to consider!!! Actually im getting ready to replace my axles and bearings and rebuild the rear end and will take care of it then.

Once you get it apart, you may find, that due to the added torsional strength of the ATR bar, the lower control arms are wallowed out, or the crush spacers inside them are crushed, due to hi torque loading you have put on the bolts.
A sure cure = a HR Parts bar.