Popped a head gasket looking for help/advice

BGN8711

Hey you guys, Its been a rough day. I just changed valve springs, injectors passed smog put a new intake on changed cats really been working hard to get this thing track ready tomorrow and it pops a head gasket on my way to tune it with Morgan. When we were changing valve springs cylinder #2 just kept taking air, and coinsedental or not that is right where it popped. I'm looking for advice and see what my next step should be. I know a lot of people like to pull the motor all the way out I dont have an engine stand or hoist so I may be looking for a place/or some tools to help me out. Thanks you guys I don't know where else to turn. It hurts pretty bad after all this work to pop the day before.

Thanks,
Brian

Hey you guys, Its been a rough day. I just changed valve springs, injectors passed smog put a new intake on changed cats really been working hard to get this thing track ready tomorrow and it pops a head gasket on my way to tune it with Morgan. When we were changing valve springs cylinder #2 just kept taking air, and coinsedental or not that is right where it popped. I'm looking for advice and see what my next step should be. I know a lot of people like to pull the motor all the way out I dont have an engine stand or hoist so I may be looking for a place/or some tools to help me out. Thanks you guys I don't know where else to turn. It hurts pretty bad after all this work to pop the day before.

Thanks,
Brian

Brian that sucks man sorry to hear that i do have a engien stan if you need it.

Thanks,
Brian

Sorry to hear. I have a brand new engine stand if you need one to use. I am off work tomorrow if you want to pick it up.

I have a few other items you may want to use.

really been working hard to get this thing track ready tomorrow It hurts pretty bad after all this work to pop the day before.
Thanks,
Brian

If your are talking about the Private track day rental at fontana that is not going to happen until the 22nd of march :).

Thanks,
Brian

So what do you plan on doing? What HG's are you gonna go with? I feel your pain it sucks man. The hardest part about doing HG's is starting the job. ;)

Sorry to hear, Brian, hope that all goes well on the track when you do get her there.

Brent, I remember you having problems with your iron block/aluminum heads I believe and popping and lifting head gaskets. I'm not really sure I have been in constant contact with Neal and Morgan, Neal said he can take care of the gaskets looks like I might put a 212/212 cam in the car as suggested by Morgan, a new timing chain re-gasket it, rear main seal and 2800 stall....I feel tired just saying it all! I guess while it's out why not right? So tell me the truth Brent how big of a bitch is this going to be, and did you pull the motor when you did it?

Brian

I'd be careful what I say.....

as I think Brent will more than live up to the license plate.
but then again, who am I to say anything:confused:
hope to see ya at fontucky, ( on the 22nd)

thats has Brent written all over it :biggrin: ..

Brent, I remember you having problems with your iron block/aluminum heads I believe and popping and lifting head gaskets. I'm not really sure I have been in constant contact with Neal and Morgan, Neal said he can take care of the gaskets looks like I might put a 212/212 cam in the car as suggested by Morgan, a new timing chain re-gasket it, rear main seal and 2800 stall....I feel tired just saying it all! I guess while it's out why not right? So tell me the truth Brent how big of a bitch is this going to be, and did you pull the motor when you did it?

Brian

Will the problem I had was a 70gtq at 28psi with Iron heads and an Iron block. My new set up has Alum heads with some special things done to the block. No problems yet at 30psi. ;) The first time I did my HG's it wasn't hard. It just took along time because I had never done it before. Labeling every group of bolts the way they came off. It is a bitch until your 3rd time around. After doing it yourself you will appreciate why mechanics charge so much to do it. ;)

Doing it in the car isn't that bad but it is easier with the motor outside the car. :biggrin: