Pop up lifters

ChrisCairns

I was browsing through the latest Summit catalogue and saw Lunati sells lifters (called pop ups) that don't require the manifold to be removed in order to change cams.

Can anyone 'splain to me how these lifters can popup so they don't need to be totally removed from the bore?

Thanks.

I was browsing through the latest Summit catalogue and saw Lunati sells lifters (called pop ups) that don't require the manifold to be removed in order to change cams.

Can anyone 'splain to me how these lifters can popup so they don't need to be totally removed from the bore?

Thanks.

Well Chris, first thing you need to do is buy something with a Chevy LS-1 series motor in it!;)

I'd like to know how they work.

Sorry, I couldn't find a larger pic. The (LS-1) lifters are packaged in a plastic anti-rotational housing that has a little friction between it and the lifter. You remove the valve springs, spin the cam through a revolution and the lifters stay up inside the housings until pushed back down by reinstalling the springs.

Attachments

• 02PHRS1_BigTime12_s.jpg
    02PHRS1_BigTime12_s.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 216
Well Chris, first thing you need to do is buy something with a Chevy LS-1 series motor in it!;)

Not really,The ones they speak of have springs inside the lift thelifter off the cam once ushrods are removed

These have been being made for small block and big blocks for a long time now.

On a related note, those LS1 lifter trays are the cats meow when not worn out. Theres been more than a few that have failed to hold the lifter in place and dropped it into the motor during a cam change.:eek:

Thanks.

I had had the lifter popup problem, so I disabled the popup blocker in the ecm.. works great, now.:rolleyes: