Pontiac GTP Help

Car does not die at all. Just vibrates and kind of almost like a miss on hills or about 35 mph 1400 RPM. I am pretty sure its not suspension related, but then again I could be wrong. Brand new plugs. I used AC Delco's but I went with a colder heat range for the future mods I plan to add on. (3.4 Pulley.. supportings.. etc etc.)

P.S. Anyone know how to get banana off of paint? Tried washing.. No avail. Long story, don't ask.

Thanks
Nix

I second the IAC. My GS got to where it wouldn't star tat all. Cleaned the IAC and it was fine. Also the keys wear out and need to be cleaned, or replaced...I had that problem too. And there is a fuelpump relay I believe that gives people fits that can be jumped....not sure on that one though.
Good luck, I bet it's something simple. :biggrin:

I was. But I needed something to drive when I got my license. Thing was cheap money lol.

Yes this is true I see lots of the supercharged cars anywhere from 2k to 5k.

I took a 2000 buick GS for a test ride but I hated the BLACK color!

Hello all. I have fixed a lot on this car since the last post. Right now, there is a small problem that I can't seem to figure out. My fuel pressure when I first turn the key jumps to 50psi. But when the pump turns off (stops priming) the fuel pressure drops instantly to 40psi, but it stays there. I don't believe it is a fuel leak, maybe the fuel pump? Also, when I disconnect the vac line near the fpr, the FP increases back to 50lbs. I thought FP was supposed to drop when Vac lines were disconnected?

Thanks
ZNix

I had the SAME problem with my GTP, I put a fresh fuel filter on and cleaned the MAF and good as gold. Its never had a hard rough start since then.

Hello all. I have fixed a lot on this car since the last post. Right now, there is a small problem that I can't seem to figure out. My fuel pressure when I first turn the key jumps to 50psi. But when the pump turns off (stops priming) the fuel pressure drops instantly to 40psi, but it stays there. I don't believe it is a fuel leak, maybe the fuel pump? Also, when I disconnect the vac line near the fpr, the FP increases back to 50lbs. I thought FP was supposed to drop when Vac lines were disconnected?

Thanks
ZNix

No and no. When you first key up, what you're describing is normal. When the vacuum line is pulled off the FPR when running, it should jump UP 8-10 psi. Make sure there is no gas in that vacuum line, that could cause a hard start. Phil.

Ill clean out the MAF tomorrow. If that works, awesome. I checked the vacuum line and I could not smell any raw gas. It might be the FP I think.