poly bushings suck

Wraith

I'v had them on my car for about 4 years now. They sweek and the car rides rougher the h*ll. The other day I was going around a nice tight corner (something I like to do with my 36mm and 1 3/8 ATR bars) and there were a few small bumps in the curve. I've never noticed the bumps before in my truck or my girlfriends neon but in my buick it started doing a bounce/wabble thing and i'm getting sick of it. Has anyone used the polygraphite bushings how well do those work? I'm thinking of going back to rubber bushings just so the car will ride better. Does anyone have some ideas. Thanks

i have the polygrahite bushings in the front and the rear and i love em, but ive only had them for a month or so. they say there not suppose to squeak.:D

I had poly urethane busings years ago and they were harsh and squeaked like crazy. I know some people swear the polygraphite are better but I will never know. Try drilling and tapping the shell for a grease nipple and that might be okay as long as you can keep the grease topped up.

One thing nobody ever does is try new stock rubber and then try polygraphite because who wants to rebuild things twice. I swear the new stock rubber is almost the same for handling. Everybody is always comparing against the rotted out stock rubber.

I just did the poly graphite kit from P-T-S in the front suspension and Hotchkis arms with poly junk in the back. If I was to do it again I would do rubber without a doubt. Not worth the extra price in my opinion. This thing rides to stiff for me. I personally like the ride my Grandmas Buick LeSabre has......soft. For a street car I dont se the need for poly-junk bushings unless it is autocrossed...... And yes they do squeek a little, and yes I coated the bushings with grease very well.

I am about to do a suspension rebuild on my mild G-machine 74 Challenger and I am going to use rubber for sure.

POLY BUSHINGS

Try to tell people exactly what you're saying every time it comes up...not many listen...until it's SQUEAK-CITY!!

:eek: :eek: :eek:

I just got my poly kit , my car squeeks so bad and rattles anyway screw it thats what the 1000 watt amps for ;) a few more squeeks at this point wont kill me . The roads here in N.Y are hell ! Im surprised the car stays together :p