Poll for Factory Stock Appearing Class

Should mods be allowed to items such as MAF, IC or DP?

• Must use completely stock MAF, turbo elbow and DP (No 3-in downpipe) and completely stock IC.

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • Allow mods such as 3-in. DP, intercooler neck mod, LS/LT1 style MAF and alcky injection.

Votes: 5 45.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BillyRValentine

Capricorn
What should this class be allowed to run in terms of mods being that the stock turbo is a given?

Jim C. - GSCA Race Director

Jim,

I'm game and will run the class either way. IMHO if the "mods" class is chosen I'd like to see the rule state "any MAF" is allowable.

Which class will bring more quality cars is the real question here... You can always start out with relatively restricted class rules and see how it works out for the first year. If need be then open them up slightly after that.

OK, I just voted after some much thought

K.

I say 3" internal gated DP, painted duttneck, alky injection for sure..and I prefer the look the stock MAF but either way doesn't bother me.

Jason

The stocker the car the better IMO. Turbo, Intercooler, MAF, Elbow & downpipe should remain stock items. It should keep the cars affordable and bring in some new cars & people to racing. :)

My car is equipped with a 3" downpipe, duttweiler neck & Alky presently but i will gladly remove these items to run in a real stock class. But if the class turns into a bolt on class i'm still in!

airfilter2.jpg

The above is a picture of my LT1 MAF that went 11.53@118.31.

I thought the idea of the class is "stock appearing" and not "completely stock".

Therefore, I vote none of the above.

Oh, how about a $300 - 400 "Turbo Claimer" to make sure the turbo is actually stock.

The stocker the car the better IMO. Turbo, Intercooler, MAF, Elbow & downpipe should remain stock items. It should keep the cars affordable and bring in some new cars & people to racing.

I agree it should make for a fun class that will be affordable, and those parts might keep rollbars out of the picture which could be a plus to alot of people.

As for the rest of the engine rules, I think stock appearing underhood should be stressed like stock throttle body, plenum, and intake but just about any internal modifications, like ported heads and bored throttle bodies should be allowed except for changing from the stock bore and stroke - 3.80-3.84 bore x 3.40 stroke.

But however this class ends up I'm very interested in running scince it will be the first time a TTA can run in a heads up class and will try my best to make it.

airfilter2.jpg

The above is a picture of my LT1 MAF that went 11.53@118.31.

I thought the idea of the class is "stock appearing" and not "completely stock".

Therefore, I vote none of the above.

I was thinking the exact same thing, stock maf is there but doesnt mean it has to be the one reading the air :biggrin:

Oh, how about a $300 - 400 "Turbo Claimer" to make sure the turbo is actually stock.

I hate claimers.

Lets see. The seal and bushings are going out on my turbo. A reman'd CHRA is $300. I win high enough to claim the winners turbo. Whammo. I got a complete usable turbo for the price of a CHRA.And there is no point in raising the claim price either. Claimers just dont work because somebody is always going to have deeper pockets. What are you going to do when a cheater turbo is claimed and than that person gets DQ'd running it? I'm for a visual inspection. If somebody wants to protest a car than they should post a bond or fee. If the protest stands than they get the fee refunded. If it doesn't than the fee gets split between the commitee and the protested car.