Polished stock valve covers?

Keep an eye on here,or one in a while they pop up on ebay.I went the opposite route and had a spare pair,I grinded off the ribs and polished them myself.Was a good winter project when your bored.Quite messy BTW going that route!

FWIW, I powdercoated mine in what the coated called 'speedboat aluminum'. Looks very close to nonpolised aluminum, but is non porous so they wipe clean. I don't recall a vendor selling polished OEM covers, but I've seen used covers for sale cheap. Take them to the polisher or chrome shop.

This was something I thought about doing as a service on here but I came to the conclusion that most aren't willing to pay what it would take to do them really nice.

Then I had kids and realized that I don't have time to do it at any price. They do make my engine compartment look pretty sweet though, and I would recommend it to anyone who has the time or money.

If you were closer I would say bring them over and use my buffer to do it I bought a good buffer when I took My Buell apart so I could polish every thing. I have done a lot of the vet valve covers and it only takes a day to do it with a good buffer.

If you were closer I would say bring them over and use my buffer to do it I bought a good buffer when I took My Buell apart so I could polish every thing. I have done a lot of the vet valve covers and it only takes a day to do it with a good buffer.

I have some powdercoat that is "near chrome" and only requires the covers be wire brushed, then hit with a fine scotch brite pad. The powder is semi translucent and turns out nice. I wish I had pics of them... I always for get to snap pics. :(