PLEASE SOME ONE HELP ME!!!!!!!

84 turbo wh1

I have a 84 GN that I replaced the fuel pump and put a hot wire kit on it.also I replaced cam sensor cap the caspers cap went bad . waiting on a replacement to come in. I was driving the other day and went to stop at a light and it just died but recranked easy. no codes went to go to the store this morning , left my drive way and stoped at the corner and died again. I checked the fuel relef and the fuel only dribbled out . pushed the car home and it cranked up and was holding 42 psi.checked ithe voltiage when it stoped it was 13volts and the pump was wining.but no pressure Please help my everyday driver............thanks

know for sure it has fuel in it? If so and you have power to the pump and no pressure coming out then bad pump or a restriction in the feed line.

you sure you got the clamps tight on the hose that goes from the pump to the sender?

I have a 84 GN that I replaced the fuel pump and put a hot wire kit on it.also I replaced cam sensor cap the caspers cap went bad . waiting on a replacement to come in. I was driving the other day and went to stop at a light and it just died but recranked easy. no codes went to go to the store this morning , left my drive way and stoped at the corner and died again. I checked the fuel relef and the fuel only dribbled out . pushed the car home and it cranked up and was holding 42 psi.checked ithe voltiage when it stoped it was 13volts and the pump was wining.but no pressure Please help my everyday driver............thanks
yes It has 3/4 of a tank.Iam going to drop the tank in the morning and check the hose and clamps. but why would it crank after I pushed it.

When mine was dying, it would cut off after driving around a while. When it cooled off it would restart. I'll bet if you had a fuel pressure gauge on it driving around you would see your fuel pressure falling.

I would suggest having a new pump ready when you take the tank down and look for loose/broken wire from the hanger to the pump. If it's been changed before it could be that the connectors are not properly and tightly crimped on the wires or the clamp could have fallen off the hose between the pump and hanger. If it's original the pulser that is on the hanger tube could be causing a flow problem. You could take it off and replace it with a piece of proper type hose (gas submersible), but I'd hate to tell you to rehang the tank with your fingers crossed, at this point I'd pick up that new pump and put it in.

Nobody mentioned changing the fuel filter? A partially blocked filter can give a good static pressure reading but will not flow enough fuel under any kind of load-

Vapor Lock? Remove gas cap when the car dies, if it has a bunch of air that comes out that is your problem..... My white T-Type done this so I removed the charcoal canister and ran a open vacuum line towards the ground and it was fine ever since. All other things mentioned here are possibilities as well...

Nobody mentioned changing the fuel filter? A partially blocked filter can give a good static pressure reading but will not flow enough fuel under any kind of load-
What he said! Don't know why I didn't think of the ff, had that problem myself a couple times.

I think you'd be suprised how many people are out chasing down 11's with crusty, 20+ yr old fuel filters!
changed the fuel filter when i changed the pump." Up date" pulled the tank and found a broke wire on the sender .i fixed it and now it rumming great. the only bad the fuel gauge is not working now.
thanks to everyone for the help