please review powerlogger file

DentMan

New to turbo buicks and tuning, so i installed a powerlogger and the numbers im getting just dont make any sense.

On 93 pump gas i would see 4-5 sometimes 7 degrees of knock retard now that Im on e85 with matched chip from TurboTweak the knock retard can be as high as 16. IAC and tps is set properly. FPR is set to 42lbs line off.

Car has ta49 turbo ta performance 3" dp 60 lb injectors, upgraded harness and hotwire kit with waLBRO 340 IC is stock set to about 15-16 lbs of boost

Attachments

• leaving sheets.dat
    136.6 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:
this log i was trying to manually shift as im also working on a trans issue, but still the knock retard is just out of control

-Could the boost gauge be innacurate? I didnt install it so dont know much about it

thanks for any advice

Attachments

• uphill.dat
    96.4 KB · Views: 42
The transmission shifting looks really mushy. If it's slipping, you will see tons of knock (false knock typically). You will also see the same thing with tire spin.
The more power you make, the worse it slips, knock gets worse.
I would connect a MAP sensor to the Powerlogger so we can see boost.

ok, is that something i can source locally or order it through the TT store; also ive read about something called "rich knock" since i have the boost turned way back, and the o2 is in the .900s sometimes....